PBP: USA at Trinidad and Tobago, Match Day, Final World Cup Hex Qualifier

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by deuteronomy, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    So people really think if we had put McKennie in place of Bradley and Miazga in place of Gonzo we'd have qualified?

You know, our public is so naive that if Sunil and Bruce remain but field a bunch of kids from the Euro academies in November and we beat Slovakia B in that friendly, 99% of the folks here will say everything is back to ok.

russ and juveeer repped this.
  2. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Yes he is. I have watched some Portland games and he did not impress at all.

Pedro Rondon H de Sá repped this.
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I miss the Intensity of 2006 and the following Confederation Cup...Hopefully USA Soccer can regroup and come out stronger. We have over 4 years to right the ship. Let’s hope something bold is done. There’s time to come back stronger.

4. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We do NOT need to "right the ship" at all. The ship is sunken and we need to rebuild it. There are only a couple of players from the current pool that should be used in the new ship and, right now, we only have part of the engine and we have no rudder at all.

NO current member of the coaching staff should be allowed to continue and virtually no player in the MLS is sufficiently skilled at this point to be able to play at the international level.

I hope this is a real wake up call and things get better but I expect that all that will happen is that a few people at the top will go away and the people they have taught how to lose at the international level will replace them and continue the losing skill for the future.

We may become a power in CONCACAF again but we have no future past that unless a real rebuilding takes place and many more of our players and coaches move to get international experience. A second rate league and a VERY poor development program like we get through college will NOT get us past being an average team in a second rate confederation.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  5. Timbuck

Timbuck Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I think we need to have an "Open Tryout" across the country.
    Surely we can find 1 player out there who can play the 6. Another that can play the 2 or 3. Shore up those 3 positions and we are making a visit to Putin this summer.

Criteria to tryout:
    1. US Citizenship
    2. Age 18-27
    3. Weigh less than 230 pounds
    4. Must have worn soccer cleats and shin guards during a soccer game in the past 10 months.
    5. No felony record.

That is all. I see some Sunday league guys that are pretty impressive, but over-the-hill. Surely there are some youngster out there that can play at a high level.

US Soccer could even fund it by making it a reality show.

6. OGx3

OGx3 Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Davis, CA USA
    You rang?

(I have been tied up this week. How'd it go in T&T?)

Anderson11 and Sylvius repped this.
  7. coachchris

coachchris Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect there are many, but they've never played club, and don't play in college. We also need somebody else to evaluate them, I'm not sure our coaches know what they're looking at. Better still, get some foreign scouts (guys who go find the next Messi's (at age 12) for a living, and live well.) to come to see players in random places, or et up regional tryouts, easy to get to, and publicly advertised.