USA-Argentina, March 26 at Meadowlands

Discussion in 'Boston Chapter' started by Scribe, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Scribe

Scribe Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My son is a college student in Boston. I was thinking of flying up there, then taking a bus or train down to Meadowlands with him for the game. Does anyone know if there is a group organizing trip form Boston to the game?

Any tips appreciated.

2. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're looking into organizing a bus down to New Jersey but nothing is certain yet. If you go to NJ on your own by bus or train I would look into hooking up with AO NYC or AO Brooklyn. They'll likely organize bus trips to the stadium from the city.

3. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just an update in case word hasn't gotten around. We're not running a bus for this game because the Revs home opener is the same weekend and there is no way we'd fill a bus. If there wasn't a Revs home game we'd likely run a bus. If you're going to the game and would like to meet up with other Boston people please post here so we can all meet up at some point.

I know many are driving down on Friday. Jill & I are arriving really late on Friday so we'll probably miss the night before at Jack Dempsey's. We're planning on taking the bus from there in the morning and spending the night with friends in Jersey near the stadium. You can get all the details on the bus from JDs to the Meadowlands here. It's $20 R/T.

Here are the plans as they stand now

Night Before Bar:
    Jack Demsey’s
    36 West 33rd Street
    New York, NY 10001-3320
    (212) 629-9899

Tailgate & Day of Events

Tailgate Location will be North Lot J, right by the Bus Lot (Lot L).
    Lots open at 2 pm!

[​IMG]

Working with the New Meadowlands hasn't been the greatest so the AO tailgate might be a bit different from what some of you are accustom to.

In the meantime for those going to Gillette for Revs vs DC United there will be some viewing party event after the game at Patriot Place, most likely CBS Scene. The Revs are working with us on this. We'll be competing with March Madness and NASCAR. If you're not going to the game you should be able to catch it upstairs at the Banshee.

4. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just an update in case word hasn't gotten around. We're not running a bus for this game because the Revs home opener is the same weekend and there is no way we'd fill a bus. If there wasn't a Revs home game we'd likely run a bus. If you're going to the game and would like to meet up with other Boston people please post here so we can all meet up at some point.

I know many are driving down on Friday. Jill & I are arriving really late on Friday so we'll probably miss the night before at Jack Dempsey's. We're planning on taking the bus from there in the morning and spending the night with friends in Jersey near the stadium. You can get all the details on the bus from JDs to the Meadowlands here. It's $20 R/T.

Here are the plans as they stand now

Night Before Bar:
    Jack Demsey’s
    36 West 33rd Street
    New York, NY 10001-3320
    (212) 629-9899

Tailgate & Day of Events

Tailgate Location will be North Lot J, right by the Bus Lot (Lot L).
    Lots open at 2 pm!

[​IMG]

Working with the New Meadowlands hasn't been the greatest so the AO tailgate might be a bit different from what some of you are accustom to.

In the meantime for those going to Gillette for Revs vs DC United there will be some viewing party event after the game at Patriot Place, most likely CBS Scene. The Revs are working with us on this. We'll be competing with March Madness and NASCAR. If you're not going to the game you should be able to catch it upstairs at the Banshee.

5. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    I have a spare ticket in the supporters' section. PM me if you are interested.

6. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone going to Jack Dempsey's aim for 2:00pm in order to catch the bus.