US women soccer players want equal pay to US men's team.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by SUDano, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    This is wrong on so many levels.

Timon19 repped this.
  2. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Bingo. The numbers really are a crime against good taste. Ugly as sin.

3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

I've changed my mind...you may be right

but it does leave me with more questions

when she is unsure about her 'job' she asks god it took 2/3 days...this has to impact her often.

the club did an autograph after their last match...did she have to consult god if that was part of her job? and if its ok once is it always ok or are their different circumstances. what if there is just a kid after the match...does she sign the autograph or does she have to tell the kid that she needs three days to consider it and talk to god.

also what if a tough situation comes up in a moments notice does she have the ability to talk to god on the spot or does she need the three day period.

what if Jill told her to track back on defense and she didn't feel comfortable with that or if there was a 50/50 ball and she wasn't sure about it....would she just stand there praying until she got an answer from god or was subbed off or would she just walk off?

how does everything work around this 'not part of my job'...thing that she gets from 'god'...a person that doesn't exist.

4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Based on previous posts you have lost all credibility to respond to.

Chastaen repped this.
  5. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    how so...if it wasn't a religious issue why did she have to ask 'god' and why did she reference her religious upbringing if that wasn't a factor?

6. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So your proof that I am racist is that I do not support the GSM lifestyle? And you think you won this bet...

[​IMG]

TOAzer repped this.
  7. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    so you have nothing all out of ur made up 'oh no she just was against the jersey because its ugly it wasn't anything to do with rights or religion' lol

good try though.

I have no idea why people act like its not really easy to google stuff and do what you just did.

8. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    absolutely you are a bigot
    you don't support the lifestyle the gender and sexual minority lol...that literally means you don't support people who are gay lol.

9. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Either this person is monumentally stupid, or we have a troll. Mods, up to you, but the poster is so far off the reservation, it's cringey.

majspike, Chastaen, SUDano and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd point out that I do support people's choice and I probably should have been more clear by saying I dont believe in the GSM lifestyle. It's kind of stupid of me to march in support of something I...dont...support. I guess.

But Captain Blunderpants you repeatedly called me racist and I asked for proof that I said anything <rainbowfont>RACIST</rainbowfont>...You've already gone full potato.

[​IMG]

11. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    stating facts shouldn't hurt ur feelings

if I am wrong...prove it.

prove hinkle's decision wasn't impacted by religion and a person that doesn't exist or by her issues with the gsm .

or

prove it was based purely on her being upset over us soccer trying to sell an extra jersey.

12. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You keep misusing the word bigot.

bigot
    1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

And you're clearly intolerant of anyone who holds religious beliefs or beliefs which differ from yours.

13. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    a)you said repeatedly you don't support it so its clear you don't
    b)you said you will no longer march so that can't be ur proof against that statement
    c)what is the difference between not believing in something and not supporting it? It would be like saying I don't believe in climate change...but I support it lol. you can't do one...its either or. Also again its strange to march in a parade that you don't...support. you haven't been in any far right marches in which they chant nazi slogans have you? I mean since you march in parades that you dont support lol.

I'd say you are a bigot but you are at the very least anti-gsm and the fact you've jumped around it so much proves it.

14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You are the one making all the claims. It's YOUR job to substantiate them. Thus far you have failed utterly.

15. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    a)synonyms for bigot...racist;homophobe;anti-semite;sexist read the entire definition it will help

b)I am completely tolerant I however do not condone bigotry.

c)religion is a made up farce. she never spoke to god he doesn't exist.

d)twisting the word tolerant is a bad look.

before/during/after the uswnt parade posters with rapinoe on them were defaced with deragatory slurs. What is ur take on that...is that just a instance of a person of different beliefs voicing their opinion and is that fine and we should be tolerant of that...or is that bad. If the person that did that came out and said 'hey I don't support the gsm...would that make it ok? also how far can you go and it still be ok. If they saw rapinoe and her gf together and jumped them and beat them to a pulp and after said 'hey spoke to god and we don't support their lifestyle so we acted out.....be tolerant of us not intolerant just because we hold different values then you do'...would that be ok? where is the line?

16. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A New Fan: "You will support what I support or you are a stinkin' pile of X$%G^J**!"
    Responding Poster: "People can not support what you support and be decent, thoughtful, human beings. Yes?"
    A New Fan: "Why you stinkin' pile of X$%G^J**! ! "

ANF is like OS without the LOLz

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  17. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I quoted the article...she said those things

18. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I gave you a few extra posts to come up with proof because you seem like you needed a little extra help but it's clear you couldn't back up the claim.

Yes my refusal to support the Pride Movement because it is discriminating against people is damning. How dare I withdraw support from gay people because they are discriminating...against other gay people.

Im not gay. My opinions on being gay are my opinions and should not negatively impact gay people. They have a right to be happy and be treated like the rest of humanity, even if I feel it is a sin. Because I believe everyone sins and should be treated the same. Some religious people do not believe it is right but also acknowledge that their beliefs do not trump other people's rights. Im not the judge, Im not the jury and Im not the executioner. (I do reserve the right to judge really stupid people on soccer message boards, its a bad habit of mine :( )

To point out the obvious, you can support something you disagree with. I've given you how many chances to make a valid point now??

Timon19 repped this.
  19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    She said "it's not my job". You invented an interpretation.

TOAzer repped this.
  20. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are being kind.

21. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear a_new_fan,

I knew there was another fun story from last year that puts "bigots" in a tough position.

Last year Free Pride Glasgow decided to not allow Drag Queens to perform in the Glasgow Pride event. Here is their groups statement:

Free Pride Glasgow said: “It was felt that it [drag performance] would make some of those who were transgender or questioning their gender uncomfortable. It was felt by the group within the Trans/Non Binary Caucus that some drag performance, particularly cis drag, hinges on the social view of gender and making it into a joke, however transgender individuals do not feel as though their gender identity is a joke.”

Now it sounds to me that they felt the Drag Queens were not gay enough to participate in the Pride celebration. So if I want to be fashionably 'tolerant' who do I support? My thoughts are discrimination is discrimination, but this thread is making me wonder...

Your truly,
    You Cant Win Either Way

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So USWNT players get paid 100k for NT duties and 70k for NWSL ? I hadn't seen that anywhere else.

Chastaen repped this.
  23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    A few people have committed to actually reporting real shit. It's actually appeared in multiple places, though I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if someone less attuned to this conversation has missed it.

24. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God bless the ignore button.

Sure, it’s good to hear differing points of view — some of those are my favorite conversations, but there is also holding onto your sanity.

Bruce S repped this.
  25. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

no you said you do not support the gsm lifestyle that is why you are a bigot.

I haven't seen a single source for this story you are claiming to be is true and ur other misleading statements in this thread make it clear that even if any part is true part of it isn't.

great point but an incorrect one. even a low level employee at mcdonalds coming out against a minority group negatively impacts them.

so now you do admit you thing the gsm community is a sin and with that they will burn in hell.

you sir are a bigot.

This is the best post on this thread though.

you start with saying I can't prove you are a bigot and then spend the rest of the thread justifying why you are a bigot lol. by the way if you've leaned anything from ur fellow bigot hinkle...got is the judge and he says they'll burn in hell. of course he isn't real and either is heaven or hell so none of that will really happen but oh well.