US women soccer players want equal pay to US men's team.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by SUDano, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #4501 HomietheClown, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    All I know is that their players were complaining a few years back that the Copa America was taking away from their (WC) spotlight because the Finals were played so close together.

Now I think they are happy the Gold Cup took the spotlight away from them because everyone is focused on the men instead of their lackluster Olympics.

:ROFLMAO:

Kejsare, TarHeels17, Marko72 and 9 others repped this.
  2. Doogh

Doogh Member+

Oct 5, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4502 Doogh, Aug 2, 2021
    After that game I think I've solved the equal pay issue. Have the current USWNT players with guaranteed salaries and benefits play the USWNT under-23 side that won't get guaranteed salaries and benefits since they aren't senior team lifers.

Marko72, pirozhok, juveeer and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I can't wait till this current group leave and are replaced by some likable women who I can root for again.

deejay, GreedyG, sakibomb523 and 7 others repped this.
  4. bnjamin10

bnjamin10 Member

Charlotte FC
    Jun 4, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The roster doesn't turnover until they lose either of those tournaments, so it's really just the circle of life.

5. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Beyond the obvious USSF failures in aspects like field conditions and travel where the US Women have won, the key factors for the US Women's continuing case have been exploiting both the weakness of the US Men since 2015 and right-wing cultural insanity, in order to get a greater than 50-50 chunk of the pie.

There's nothing more American than the business opportunism on the second factor. But the first factor is treading into dangerous territory, and it only really worked at the nadir of the US Men's fortunes. Because in normal circumstances, I and many other fans will seethe with anger if one team's argument is premised on the failure of the other team.

I hope we see a tactical retreat from the US Women heading into the next CBA negotiations.

Elninho and bigredfutbol repped this.
  6. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, will USSF hold a "Victory Tour" for the USWNT if they win the Bronze medal? Without the victory tour, the women surely won't make more than their male counterparts will, right?

Kind of ironic that the US Men go out and win the Gold Cup using a team comprised mostly of MLS lifers and kids, without their most talented players beating their biggest rival in the process (who fielded a very strong team). A few hours later the USWNT loses out on Gold Medal contention in the Olympics in the semifinals. Everyone is talking about the men, while there's not much chatter about the women's loss.

sakibomb523, Kejsare, gunnerfan7 and 4 others repped this.
  7. Anto'nio

Anto'nio Red Card

Atlanta United
    Sep 11, 2017
    :cautious:.......o_O ...... No one watching the USS Rapinoe Rapineers these past few years would see anything "right-wing cultural" in their insanity..... now their love of money and lust for power/influence was certainly there, but as the fascinating politics of our current era keeps shouting at us, it's something quite universal, and sure ain't about being "right wing".
    By the way, your main point, on the USWNT's destructive attack against the USMNT, is very good. Just your side comment left me in need of a tall cup of Irish Coffee....:coffee:

8. bnjamin10

bnjamin10 Member

Charlotte FC
    Jun 4, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When your entire job is playing on a soccer team whose sole purpose is play to our Nationalistic tendencies to generate tv ratings for money, alienating an embarrassingly large % of potential eyeballs seems pretty short sighted if you are chasing bigger TV checks.

Ghost and juveeer repped this.
  9. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah saying that an openly gay woman fighting for equal pay for women is right wing cultural insanity..........the OP lost me there too. There's absolutely nothing right wing about that.

Anyways, should be interesting going forward. I wonder if the US Soccer Media will ask the tough questions? Will they ask about bringing in younger players, squad rotation, NWSL commitments, raising salaries in NWSL, etc...???

juveeer repped this.
  10. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4510 bigredfutbol, Aug 2, 2021
    I took it to mean trying to leverage right-wing overreaction to the feminist aspects of their lawsuit; banking on that overreaction being so over-the-top that it would drown out reasonable, fact-based objections to the hypocrisy of that argument.

russ, acima, Kejsare and 7 others repped this.
  11. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Anyone have any idea what the Nation’s league and gold cup wins means to bonuses/additional revenue on the balance sheet for USMNT?

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    SHE BELEEBS.....

13. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any Olympic third or fourth place tours planned?

And are the men willing to split their GC prize money?

majspike and Marko72 repped this.
  14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I know this is facetious, but what DO the criminals who head CONCACAF manage to drip to the winners of their flagship tournament? I don't think I've ever seen the rewards discussed.

15. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screenshot_20210802-140324_Chrome.jpg

deejay, majspike, ChrisSSBB and 4 others repped this.
  16. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    It would seem that the women have missed their window, and that the CBA that they had bargained for is now going to make them look very foolish. Of course the way the press chooses to spin this will have much to do with how the public reacts...

17. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    The USWNTPA appears to have a very effective propaganda arm.

Kappa74 and Kejsare repped this.
  18. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean the 2017-21 CBA?

There's no prize money for the Olympics.

19. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It helps when you have a media which is generally more interested in narratives than investigative journalism.

GreedyG, Kejsare, majspike and 2 others repped this.
  20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Boy howdy.

21. Southern Man

Southern Man Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Timon19 repped this.
  22. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Lol what a joke. The TV deals have got to be somewhat large given the high-ish ratings in Mexico and the US.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    deejay, ChicagoVT, bigredfutbol and 4 others repped this.