US women soccer players want equal pay to US men's team.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by SUDano, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #3226 juvechelsea, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    last, you do grasp that the women's lawsuit continues to this day, and that they might be saying things similar to what i am, and that this might have some -- shall we say -- implications for treating me like an idiot? you know, that a federal court either agrees with me or thinks a jury is needed to sort out the ambiguities, despite your superficial label arguments? if the court believed your theory was the only reasonable one, the case would have been long dismissed, my poor dear child.

a "label" does not equal a "reality." some people initially thought coronavirus was flu. this is basic philosophy with legal implications. the reason juries exist is you say black i say white and someone else is appointed to sort that out.

now, i might buy it as "reality" if you looked at everything, but you're holding a single form sheet of paper up and that doesn't constitute "reality" to me. other than it's a printed form in english from the IRS. it is at best an expression of what YOU believed, or wanted me to believe. which might hint at truth (or perhaps your personal truth) but could also be wrong or fraud. the spectrum.

i think part of the myopia here is outside of the 4 walls of their premises businessmen are not the kings they think themselves. non-employees don't have to believe you. courts don't have to trust you. your employees can get uncomfortable ideas considered. we can say some sheet of paper doesn't mean what you think it does. i know. shocking.

2. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Looks like the boss caught him.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  3. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This new 3 week shelter-in-place order might force me to wade through all of these rambling posts. Maybe.

Hexa and UniversalAdvice repped this.
  4. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    would it kill you to hit reply so we can try to follow what in the world ur even talking about.

5. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    How fantastic that our Federation has so many fiscal issues they now have shut down the DA Program. The women have every right to be litigious, and the Federation has every right to be stupidly tone-deaf in their quest to lose money to lawyers.

I also reserve my right to return to my former self as a sexist eurosnob faking a Scouse accent on Saturday mornings.

6. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Welp, that didn’t pan out. I guess if you already get paid more you have a tough time winning a lawsuit that claims the opposite.

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the quote about them being shocked was funny. Are you really?

8. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think many of them are...... It's hard to say from the outside, but the tone of what was said in the last many months seemed to be that of a group that was so busy listening only to the like minded that it never occurs that there is a broader world to be heard.
    This really should never have been allowed to get to this point, and both USSF and the USWNT have been their own worst enemies.

Kejsare, MPNumber9, benni... and 7 others repped this.
  9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great take. Agreed. Will be interested to see what comes next. I suspect they’ll challenge it.

10. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Common sense wins the day.

"We are shocked and disappointed," said Levinson. "We will not give up our hard work for equal pay.
    "We are confident in our case and steadfast in our commitment to ensuring that girls and women who play this sport will not be valued as lesser just because of their gender."

They are not valued as lesser just because of gender.

They are valued as lesser because they are not as good.

BIG difference.

MPNumber9, Pumas111 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda laughed not gonna lie

13. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm shocked that the sorority is shocked by the decision. I'm shocked that the lawyer actually believes that his clients are fighting for equal pay for all girls and women who play soccer in the USA.

What this lawsuit is actually about: the aging stars of the USWNT getting one last payday.

The hard truth is that the women's national team players negotiated guaranteed contracts, that insured not only their financial security, but also their spot on the team. The payouts to their male counterparts are on a per appearance basis. No call up....no money.

Are they underpaid? Given the current state of the world, it's really difficult to feel sorry for a very small group of individuals who are arguing that they are under paid while they collect six figure salaries to play a game.

Kejsare, TxEx, deejay and 4 others repped this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Maybe they're underpaid. Maybe they're not.

I'm just glad they lost. I don't like this particular group of women.

15. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This. They continuously come up ways to irk me.i try to remind myself it’s probably more of a loud minority situation, but following the overall nonsense just gets old.

Chastaen repped this.
  16. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The history of negotiations between the parties demonstrates that the WNT rejected an offer to be paid under the same pay-to-play structure as the MNT".

They rejected what they are now demanding as part of the CBA negotiations one year before they brought the lawsuit.

“Accordingly, plaintiffs cannot now retroactively deem their CBA worse than the MNT CBA by reference to what they would have made had they been paid under the MNT’s pay-to-play terms structure when they themselves rejected such a structure."

sakibomb523, Pl@ymaker, Chastaen and 2 others repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup
    Many of them are also hypocrites for not showing respect for other players standing up for their political views and values.

Jaelene Hinkle anyone?

Pumas111 and sakibomb523 repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's the nail in the coffin. They denied being offered the same deal. And yet it looked like they were.

19. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Or, in the current state of the world, they collect six figure salaries while not playing a game.

deejay, Pl@ymaker and jaykoz3 repped this.
  20. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For pure entertainment purposes, I'd like to see the men file suit due to not getting paid during COVID because all games are cancelled, while the women are receiving their salaries while they sit at home doing nothing. Then put Rapino on tv and have her answer to it.

WrmBrnr, deejay, SilentAssassin and 8 others repped this.
  21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It would never happen, but it would definitely be interesting. Maybe BBC's HARDTalk would do it.

22. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the USMNT because I can complain about their coaches, players, game plan and performance.

I no longer follow the USWNT because if I think anything is flawed I am suddenly considered sexist.

The vibe of US Soccer used to be the scrappy underdog that fought for it's country. Now it seems to be just entitled and demanding.

Pumas111, Rahbiefowlah and jaykoz3 repped this.
  23. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    that isn't what the judge said...reading is important people

deejay repped this.
  24. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    The women's arguments have simply been part of the rise of group-identity and self-victimization as a dominant strain of discourse in this country. I can't say I have any special animosity towards them considering someone won the presidency through such appeals.

But the path forward lies in growing a stronger NWSL, rather than suing for the $66 million FIFA gave the French men's team. Last season, the NWSL averaged over 7000, a record. If the league continues to grow then the ladies will be rewarded.

WrmBrnr, Chastaen and jaykoz3 repped this.