US Women selling well at Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Oct 14, 2003.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TICKETS FOR US WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM MATCH
    VS. MEXICO AT COTTON BOWL SELLING AT HIGH RATE
    Ticket Sales Over 11,000 Just One Week After Going On Sale

DALLAS - Just one week after going on sale, tickets for the US Women's National Team match vs. Mexico on November 2 at 3:00 p.m. at the Cotton Bowl have been selling at an incredible pace. Fans representing six states, and some from as far away as Idaho, have already purchased over 11,000 tickets to see the legendary Mia Hamm, Brandi Chastain, Kristine Lilly, Julie Foudy and Joy Fawcett.
    The US Women's National Team will open their NIKE "Live The Dream" series by taking on the National Team of Italy at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City on October 22. The following and last game of the tour in Dallas will therefore possibly be the last time that the group of Hamm, Chastain, Lilly, Foudy and Fawcett are partnered together on the playing field.
    Tickets for the US/Mexico match in Dallas may be purchased by calling the Burn office at 214-979-0303 or through TicketMaster at 214-373-8000. Fans may also purchase tickets at the Dallas Burn office located at 14800 Quorum Drive, Suite 300, Dallas, Texas 75254. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Ticket prices for the match are $25 for Side Reserved and $35 for Center Reserved. Groups of 20 or more are eligible for a $5 discount off each ticket purchased. In addition, there are a limited number of Governor's Box VIP tickets at $120 each, which will include special perks to be announced.

2. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Good news. It would be nice for a national game at the Cotton Bowl not to disappoint.

3. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    Rumor has it that US Soccer scheduled this match without first consulting the players. There is a good chance some, if not all the big names will not be there. I am a little bummed.

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :eek: Say it ain't so!

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Rumor has it that US Soccer are idiots for scheduling this game at the same time of a Cowboys game across town. I can't go - got Cowboys tix beforehand already

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Traitor. What kind of fan are you!?! Oh yeah a man u one. :D

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    priorities, which is more important, pointyball or football? C'Mon it's the Cotton Bowl, this could be the last soccer game there, don't you wanna go for old time sake. Hmm, maybe I should buy tickets. You think you could pick up any decent chics there or are they all 12 year olds screaming for Mia?

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You might have a chance with a decent looking one. Come join us in Section 28 with Sam's Army.

9. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Since when does the USSF have to consult with specific players to schedule matches?

Gee, wonder who the fan from Idaho is :rolleyes: Couldn't be Nick...

10. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    As far as I know, national team players are not under contract to play every game that their country schedules.

When the USSF schedules a match and the promoters user posters of certain players to advertise, then yes USSF should consult those players first to see if they are available.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think I can go now, Grandfather leaving same day. Damn.

12. soccerlube

soccerlube Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Gonzales, TX
    I hope there are some decent females 20-28.
    but hey? Abby, Aly, etc??

13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Bait & Switch

Darn, I loved the title of this post.

But you seem to be talking about something distinctly less exciting than the bartering of nubile young Yankee women.

Shame on you for fooling me. There I was, thinking that for once there might be a valid reason to flyh to Dallas.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Bait & Switch

how about the fact that we have the best looking women in Texas?