US vs. Latvia, May 28th in Hartford: All info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by patfan1, Mar 15, 2006.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U.S. Soccer Federation
    1801 S. Prairie Ave.
    Chicago, IL 60616

Phone: (312) 808-1300
    Fax: (312) 808-1301

US Soccer Contact Us

Good Luck!

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If not just get regular seats, I doubt you'd have a problem standing with us.

3. ECRedSoxFan

ECRedSoxFan Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
  4. TwoIfBySea

TwoIfBySea New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    CT+Philly (school)
    Pulling out from my apartment up in Manchester this morning, I was greeted this morning with a bus advertising this game. On the side of the bus there was a picture of Landycakes and had all the information for the game at the Rent. I'm not sure what kind of bus it was because it was decked out in full MSG logos and such. It's probably just a special commuter bus. Anyone else seen this around?

Plus my girlfriend has heard a number of ads on the radio for the game. Let's hope we pack the house come May 28th!

5. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is crossposted in the eastern europe-FSU Soccer Boards, and I was wondering if you guys could help me too.

------

Me and my buddies are going to the US-Latvija friendly on the 28th in Hartford. We are making a banner for the game and I would like to open it up to you guys for suggestions.

A few guidelines we are looking for:

1. Concise.
    2. Understandable to as many people as possible.
    3. References to Latvian culture or humor would be a plus.
    4. No vulgarity. (unless its veiled)
    5. Creativity.

Other than that, go wild. We wont confirm which one we will be using (if any), so youll have to watch the game. But still, we dont know much Latvian humor, so there is a good chance we will use one of these.

Submissions and critiques will be very appreciated.

Its all in good fun. Nothing malicious, guys.

Thanks guys, see you in Hartford.

---------

Edit: First suggestion just came in. I have a Soviet Flag. Would the US supporters understand the joke towards Latvia, or misinterpret it? I think its hilarious, but there are some ignorant people in any mob. Feedback please.

6. sverno18

sverno18 New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    St. Louis
    I am still waiting and I bought them almost a month ago. Its making me a little nervous. This is the first time I have bought tickets from them. Do they mail them or do we pick them up game day at the box office with our id?

7. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    the soviet flag as a joke in latvia....

considering there's a huge ethnic minority russian population in latvia, I don't know why you'd want to joke about a couple generations of looting by the soviet...

we funny americans are what you want to be...

here take this soviet flag joke...

no wonder many non-americans think americans are a bunch of fools...

8. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It isnt supposed to be politically correct. You need to chill out. Do you have a better one, if you dont like it? You think I dont know what this is all about? Come on, look at the list of teams I support. If you think I dont know about the area, you are mistaken. I know very well what it would mean to do that, and any clear thinking person would find it amusing. If you want squeaky clean comedy, then dont come to an international soccer game. If you can come up with a good P.C. joke, then say it.

9. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    [
    Edit: First suggestion just came in. I have a Soviet Flag. Would the US supporters understand the joke towards Latvia, or misinterpret it? I think its hilarious, but there are some ignorant people in any mob. Feedback please.[/QUOTE]

Soviet flag would be tasteless and pointless. Many of our parents ran away from that flag, others were killed by it. It really doesn't have anthing to do with Latvia at all. It's just an ugly symbol.

10. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not going to bring it, we are making a banner instead. But I do not believe its an ugly symbol. If its an ugly symbol, so are many nations flags, and thats wrong. Most of the flags that are in the world today are ugly symbols if this one is. People do not know how to take jokes. Hopefully our banner will get a good reception.

11. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Hey are all the tickets in the SA section sold-out???? if I get tickets to section 110 can I still party and cheer with you guys??

12. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just received this email from USSoccer....

Michael,

We have received and processed your Sam’s Army order for 5 tickets to the
    MNT vs. Latvia match in East Hartford, Conn. on Sunday, May 28, 2006.

Your confirmation number for these tickets is:

xx-xxxxx

Tickets will be available for pick-up approximately 1 ½ hours before
    kick-off at the Main Box Office Will Call. Tickets will be held under
    your last name and you will need to show a valid picture i.d. to pick them
    up.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time. We look
    forward to seeing you at Rentschler Field on Sunday!

U.S. Soccer

:D

13. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    110 is also sold out I believe, at least it was when I bought 4 tickets last week. There were some seats open in 112 last I checked, but at least 19 rows up.

14. Joe DeVore

Joe DeVore New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Norwich CT
    I am driving over from Norwich and I am staying at the East Hartford Holiday Inn. I was wondering if anyone knew of any pre-game parties. The only thing I got so far was Vaughans. If anyone knows the exact address of Vaughans or any other parties please reply. I'll see you all there!!

15. Redmen Rule

Redmen Rule Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 16, 2004
    Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga

You are so busy defending your position that you didn't seem to take the time to read what Spaniel said. Use of the Russian flag would be hurtful, not funny.

17. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am done arguing about it. I asked a question, many people dont have the same kind of humor I do, I guess its different for me because I am of eastern european descent, and think it is amusing, as do many people I know, including eastern europeans. But the joke will not work, if eastern europeans on both sides laugh, but the americans wont.

18. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    If anybody has an extra for 109/110, please PM a brotha....our party keeps growing...

Thanks.

19. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine keeps growing everyday... I had to buy tickets in 112, so maybe the supporters section will stretch all the way behind the goal!

20. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My frind who bought the tickets had originally planned to buy 3. He accidentally bought 6, because he double clicked the window. We are now hoping that 6 will be enough, so no more people will ask us for tickets. I hope they can fill the Rent, if not, have it close to filled. The atmosphere should be amazing.

21. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    Being sold at stadium? USSoccer.com? Nike.com?

22. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looking at this map: http://www.rentschlerfield.com/parking.cfm
    does anyone know exactly what area sam's army will be in? I Know the gate they want you to drive into but what is the lot number or area number?

23. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://store.yahoo.com/ussoccerstore/mntjerseys.html has two jerseys available. The design won't be shown until the game in Hartford but you can get the plain jersey or with name on the back.

24. Beantowner

Beantowner Member

Aug 19, 2005
    HK / Shanghai / NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most people with relatives from the Baltics would find it lacking in taste. Most Yanks would wonder why you brought along Stalin's hammer and sickle. Fortunately, different people have different senses of humor. Some funny, some ignorant. It will probably fall flat, but you'll probably come up with something more creative and even funny before Sunday. ;)

25. irishchck1

irishchck1 New Member

May 24, 2006
    Nashville

I called and made my reservation and asked about any places in the area to party before the game. The gentleman and the hotel said their bar in the hotel was doing a big pre game party for our group! Fre buffet and really cheap drink specials! I'm in whose with me!!