US vs. Honduras {R}

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by IMOX77, Nov 19, 2004.

1. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    another note its not necessarily a bad thing that our U20 national team goals tonight were scored by 2 16 year-olds :)

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question. Can we safely assume that Spector will not be allowed over for the qualifying in January or must he be released for that?

3. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I think, just in case they should be planning not to have him.

If he gets loaned to West Brom i dont think he will, but if he is still with Man Utd with healthy players in front of him I think there is a good chance we might see him. Though im not sure the schedule with the league cup so that might be another thing that holds him back. If reserve action is the only game action that will be in his way during qualifying i would think we mmight see him.

Didnt he leave Man Utd last year during the season in Feb. i think? When the u20's were playing against MLS squads in FL that were getting ready for the upcoming MLS season?

If he is released and he does show up it will be a huge advantage for our u20's

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    So, is it safe to assume that Zimmerman is the alpha male of this current Bradenton group?

Is he in the Donovan/Beasley, Johnson/Quaranta, Adu/Gaven category? And, will he be signing with MLS this winter or waiting a year? And, does he have any interest in Europe?

Nice for Sigi to get a W. I have no idea what kind of quality Honduras is, but I do like that, minus their best defender (and several of their best mids) the US held Honduras without a SOG till the 88th minute and came away with a clean sheet.

5. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    also, was adu captain for the match?

6. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG](It says Marvell Waynne but im pretty sure its Will John)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    from those pics it looks like he's wearing the armband

8. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Glad I picked the game against Mexico on Sunday to go to then.

9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He became the captain late in the game when the captain (Arturo Alvarez) was subbed off. Of course Freddy then scored and was promptly taken out of the lineup, and I assume a 3rd person had the armband.

10. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    He is the alpha or beta. He and Ryan Soroka who subbed in for freddy. Soroka is still small and young looking so i'm not seeing mls this time. Zimmerman is ready for p-40.

11. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matchtracker said Alvarez was the captain and when he left he handed it to Senor Fred.

12. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    I personally have been a Zimmerman supporter since the beginning. Not only is he a great guy and player, he always does the right thing as a person off the field. He was kind enough after the game to call a girl on his club team Crossfire to wish her luck at the national camp this next week. Nothing but pure class and I'll never be able to thank him enough.

Thanks Preston and good luck against mexico sunday :)

to answer the above question of his interest in professional soccer...Europe

13. woodwork

woodwork Member

Feb 29, 2000
    IMOX77, you are correct. The third picture is Marvell Wynne, not the first one. Thanks for the photos.

14. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well tomorrow is his 16th birthday (Happy Birthday Preston!!) so unless he can come up with an EU passport, he'll have to wait a while (at least two years) on that.

15. gringuillo

gringuillo New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Rio Rancho, NM
    The Miami Herald wrote a about a 12-inch column summarizing the game. However, it is not posted on line yet. It was a pretty good story.

This link to the Miami Herald's soccer page: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/soccer/. You may wish to try it later in the day to see whether this morning's article gets posted:

Unfortunately, nothing on The Sun Sentinel yet. Rusnak is a good columnist
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/soccer/

Question: Is that Chico Borja's son on the team? As in Chico Borja of 1980s MISL fame.

16. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I expect that he's no relation ... it's not such an uncommon surname, and iirc, this Borja is Mexican-American, while Chico was born in El Salvador.

17. RonDenRub

RonDenRub New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    vermont
    where can i see pictures of the game

18. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
  19. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    If it means 2 years of waiting, europe is the preference over MLS. That doesn't mean MLS is totally out, it's just a preference of what's considered a real league was the impression i got from him.

20. Octavius Agustus

Octavius Agustus New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    33RD sTREET
    You're setting him up to be everyone's whipping boy here. :(

Unless you have a direct quote, don't write what YOU think he's feeling.

21. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    He can sit around on his butt for two years or make 80,000+ dollars a year and try to play well enough to go overseas. It's a super obvious choice to make, I'd think that if he and Ellinger have a good relationship he'll end up at RSL.

22. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Q: What do the following players all have in common?

Freddy Adu
    Cory Gibbs
    Ned Grabavoy
    Jovan Kirovski
    Chad Marshall
    Tony Sanneh
    Danny Szetela

A: In spite of previous reports that they weren't interesting in joining MLS, they all joined the league in 2004.

23. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    landon donovan

24. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States