US vs. Honduras (3/15) at the Dark Horse[R]

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Talleyville United, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Talleyville United

Talleyville United New Member

May 19, 2007
    Talley-Ho, Dellawhur
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The Dark Horse Pub
    421 S. 2nd St.
    Phila., PA
    Private room open 6:30 PM
    http://www.darkhorsepub.com/directions.php

So who’s joining me at the Dark Horse for the match? Another chance to watch the emergence of Jozy Altidore as he leads the US lads.

I know many of you couldn’t make it out to US v Mexico and meet up with your fellow SoB’s because of the midweek kickoff in February. No problem this time. This one is timed for the early evening, right in the middle of St Patty’s (day) weekend. :D

I know our numbers have been growing rapidly in the past month, so I hope to be able to meet many of our newest members of the SoB family and catch up with our old friends as well.

2. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our boys need a big W in this game...Honduras has 6 points and us, 4. Don't want to face México in the semifinals.

3. mdelrossi1

mdelrossi1 Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Center City Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be there...what room do we have reserved?

4. Union SoB

Union SoB Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Seaport Drive
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will definately be there. I am hoping the core of these youngsters will find a way to set the US MNT for World Cup 2010... this is who will fill the roster!

5. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    If I can catch a ride back to Conshy then I'm prob in.

the girlfriend's parents are up from SC so I might have to go hang out with them.

6. Talleyville United

May 19, 2007
    Talley-Ho, Dellawhur
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    DelRossi - cool.
    It will be great to meet our artist in person.
    We are in the Rigger bar with the big screen TV, BTW

Knight - I will be a DD for the night, so I can give you a lift back from the pub. Be warned: I have many versions of 4 leaf clover that I like to play on the iPod on the ride back from the pub. :D

7. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    thanks talley.

be warned. i will prob be quite drunkled and annoying when singing along to those versions of 4 leaf clover. :D

8. Talleyville United

May 19, 2007
    Talley-Ho, Dellawhur
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    If Adu is allowed to play attacking mid, I bet that the goals could be flowing like the Guinness will later tonight.:cool:

9. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, now that's now only a concern if we win. Ready for the hypothetical?

If we beat Honduras, AND Mexico beats Haiti, AND Canada does not beat Guatemala by one more goals than Mexico beats Haiti (You still following me?), we'd face Mexico in the semi-finals.

If we lose to Honduras, AND Cuba beats Panama by three or more goals, then we wouldn't advance. However, if we tie Honduras, then we would have to face either Haiti (If they beat the Mexican team today) or, more likely, Guatemala in the semi-finals. If we beat Honduras, we could face either Haiti, Canada, or Mexico in the semi-finals.

Whew. That was fun. I love group play, like a hooker loves the clap.

http://www.concacaf.com/viewCompetition.asp?id=220

I'd better get a rep for doing this, or a puppy is going to get it. :)

10. Calcio69

Calcio69 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    CHADDS FORD PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, Puppy - no REP-BEGGING allowed! :mad:

11. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    alright. i'm free of duties with the g/f's family.

i'm not sure of the train sched, but i'll prob be there around 7

12. Talleyville United

May 19, 2007
    Talley-Ho, Dellawhur
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Thanks to all girls and guys who turned out on Saturday, made it a great time and added to the atmosphere.
    I am fully recovered from way too many ginger ales.;)

Special thanks to all the new members and those coming out to their first SoB event. All of us were the new person in the group at one time or another.

I hoped to be able to say hello everyone. I soon discovered we have a lot of new Erics, Chrises, Marks, Adams, Steves, etc. to keep track of so... sorry if I got a few names wrong.:eek:

Even though they had already qualified to the next stage, it was great to see the USA pull one out in dying moments. After all the diving exhibitions put on by Honduras, even our 2 resident SoB refs who were there agreed with the ultimate penalty call. :D

Special thanks to Seth, Chris, Travis, Dan and Clay for helping keep a full room active and organized.
    Kudos to Owner Paul McCloskey for allowing us to reserve a private room for the viewing party on such a very busy St. Pattys day weekend. He is a true friend of the SoB’s and the Dark Horse is an incredible place.

Hope to see you all at SoB events in the near future and keep your eye on the Almanack for upcoming events and locations.

-Tom.

13. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hereby decree that anyone else named "Mark" in the SoBs has to change their name, as does anyone else with the last name "Bolton"

14. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    dinner time game for thursday... time to start memorizing the words to "Blame Canada"

[​IMG]

15. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice choke, Mexico. :eek::D:D

16. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll need to see a replay of that Guatamala / Canada game. Guatamala must have rested their entire first team.

17. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smart of them...the championship game doesn't matter really, but you may as well not potentially play Mexico again.

18. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    ok, so NOT a dinner time game anymore for thursday. 9pm central time. I posted prematurely. Though as a result, I've got at least 4 coming now.