US vs Egypt 6/21/09

Discussion in 'New York Chapter' started by Woodside Mets, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U.S. Men vs. Egypt
    Sunday June 21 st at 2:30pm
    Jack Demsey's
    36 West 33rd Street
    New York, NY 10001
    (212) 629-9899 phone

we'll be upstairs for the game

2. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just out of curiosity, i know Nick talks about unifying the NY soccer USA fans more, but why not just have your normal crew at JD's come to Nevadas that day as there is going to be a massive event for the game there??

3. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me personally , I won't set foot in that place. Other BB's, thats up to them. If I see a certain person in that joint[some English jackass] I will be fighting in seconds

If it was at Stout's sure..Nevada's no fecking way. And the ball is in your guys court. If you want we can do US events together, like trips and the like..NO PROBLEM..Nevada's ..nah but thanks for the offer

4. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Whoa whoa whoa - how is my name on this brotha!

As I told you the day of the Champions League Final (And sorry for the drunkiness that day) but A LOT of our guys have issues at Nevadas - I personally like the place and go there but I see some of the same clowns I have had issues with and they give me looks. Some of our guys will go right after him...I told you about the Cuba game - things got ugly that night!

Now - about Uniifying the USA fans - Yes - I do talk about that and I talked to you about it the day of the Final. Although I wanted to keep the conversation off the boards! In fact - after we talked about it - I PMd you the next day to bring it up again - you asked for an email and I gave you my WORK email....and havent heard nothing since. So I am not just talking about Unifying the groups - I mean it...I have gone out of my way a few times now to attempt it.

Like I said - Just a meet up for a beer with me, frankie you and the other person on your end i mentioned! I know your probably did not mean it that way - but you made this post sound like that im talking out of my ass - im sorry - on a number of occasions i have told you and another on your side about US group and coming together....you havent told me when and where to sit down and talk about it! If you dont want to - and keep things the way they are - so be it - we have a fantastic thing going on!

As Frankie said - we are not against maybe having a viewing at Stouts for a Gold Cup game (Qualifiers we have our events planned for the year) but a Gold Cup game or maybe a Friendly - more than happy to move over to a Stouts for the night!

Sadly to all that are reading this - I would also say that the actions of the fans at Nevadas is not a reflection of the mngmnt. Jack Keane is a great guy and he really cares for US Soccer - its the patrons of the pub that make things tough. EPL I have never had an issue there but with US games - you have fans in from 2:30 for the England games and at 9PM are still there after 7 hours of drinking..and other things.. and instead of saying - OH Landon Sucks the yare attacking my country - its history and what it stands for.

Not sure about you guys - but I dont want to hear that shit as 1) It pisses me off and 2) I am there to watch the US in peace and sing for a win - I dont need someone in my ear trying to start shit! I still recomend Nevadas for soccer in NYC ...but for the US - Ill pass too! I get way too passionate when watching the Yanks - to have to deal with the other stuff - want to watch in peace with my friends!

5. guyattheendofthebar

guyattheendofthebar New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    I'm there

6. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly Tony.... it's just Nevada's....we got sick of it being a "offical US bar", but still having to put up with the Eurosnobs and English a**clowns that want to start shit with us for supporting the US.
    Demsey's is just a US bar, for US fans...

7. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA v. England last year. We went to Nevada's, outsang the Brits, took the piss out of them even down 2-0 to the point the all wanted to throw down (but they never did) as we insulted them and their country for the remainder of the game.

After the game they all came up and shook our hands and said fair play and asked when and how to get involved in USA soccer and MLS games int he future.

Now a days the USA fans absolutle dominate that bar, so any irritation you get is more a reflection on your lot than on the establishment itself. Sure rival fans (mexico, etc) come in there in smaller numbers, but half the fun is singing against them at times like your at the game itself.

Whatever, no need for the long post Nick, i was just trying to offer a bi-partisan match viewing for Sunday as there are a lot of local soccer peeps that put a lot of work into it (its not an ESC thing) and i figured in the spirit of "unification" i would alewrt you all to it.

Laters

8. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh we know..we had to deal with the English while you were at Stouts. So it was another Tony who wanted to throw down with some Englishman at Nevada's for a Red Bull game viewing :D

Look I could care less about this bullshite back and forth between youse and us. Too old for that crap. I care about building some support for OUR team . Any time you guys want to put that behind you, and all get together and root for OUR team. I'm there, just not at that joint. And thats cool, you guys are downtown, and we're in Midtown. I would like to start planning trips and such

BTW..you guys going up to Boston in July ?

9. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I CALL BULLSHIT TO THIS!

You were trying to suggest that I talk a game but dont act! If you were REALLY into Unification you would have came onto a message board and said

"Guys there is a party Sunday - all about the US - Come down"

Not call me out as an individual and talk about what im always talking about! Frank is right - feck all this back and forth - i gave you my email to put all this behind for the better of the NATS - if you dont - fine - but leave it off the US BOARDS!

PS - England game was at 230 - Cuba game was at 9 - little different attitudes after an extra 7 hours of pints and sniffs!

10. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WORD UP....Cocaine is a helluva drug

11. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back on what matters - Being it is fathers day - I might not make this one - but will be at the next US game at Demseys!

12. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insecure much? You do always talk about it. You stated we should all get behind the USA and put club interests aside and organize things and work together. I came here to let people know a lot of USA fans are doing this and that you all should feel welcome. A good opportunity to do so...like i am suposed to know you and the guys won't go there (considering i saw you there for the CL final).

Dont want to come? Fine, no problem. Sorry i even mentioned this.

I gave Ed your info, if he wants to have a beer (and come in from North Jersey) he'll contact you.

13. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope - very secure - thanks!

Ill be coming in from Brooklyn we can meet in Manhattan - but for the Yanks - id go to North Jersey to talk if he didnt want to come to the City!

14. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can meet ya in Kearny..either the Irish-American or the Scots-American . Its no problem . We're getting a very good crowd at our night games. Even the day games are way more then I would expect. This is a big area. Enough room for every one. And there are even more in Kearny , who are not affiliated with anyone. We should get all the groups together. If we can't get together how da feck is the rest of the country going to do it

15. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Comes down to this bro - all over the country - gotta come together for the US NATS!

16. Symmetrical

Symmetrical New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to this website and hope to maybe help you (nick) in organizing such interestings events to gain more us team support. I went to the El Salvador game in Jack Dempsey's and it was a great experience. Hope to get to know all of you a bit better. Go USA!!!!

- Anthony

17. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey brotha - glad you had a good time - Shoot me a PM and we can exchange information - were always looking for help organzing things!

We will have a group at Demsesys on Sunday and def for more matches in the coming months!

18. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I wasn't around for any of what people are talking about in this thread. However, I have experienced the elitest Eurosnobbery at Nevada's and on one occasion, I brought a non-soccer friend that was simply accompanying me (my boy Pete who likes to walk) and he almost threw down within the first half of an EPL game. The dudes were simply going at Americans on some bigotry sh*t. Even tossing a Guinness on some American girl's back. The freedoms that are allowed to the Europeans (especially Man U fans...sorry Nick) are not allowed to me.

But regardless, Country is always before Club. In fact, I can get annoyed when talking about Club issues when watching a USMNT game. I am all for unifying USMNT support as long as everyone is down to unify (i.e. no BULLSH*T). In terms of business, JD and Stout are ideal because of midtown locations, and Penn Station/Herald Square can be reached by every subway line/LIRR/PATH/NJ train available. Not to mention, a lack of condescending d-bags.

But JD is a great time, and the good service there treat me well. I'm always singing, taking shots, meeting new people...missing work the next day. All I look for in a match viewing.

BTW. I speak for myself.

19. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont say sorry - there is a reason i watch the United Games at home and pay for Setanta - edit - well not so much setanta anymore lol

20. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Problem with Stout was it was way way too much work to get viewings arranged, because they are not really a football bar, at least during the tiems we are there...you'd have to email confirm, make sure there was space for us, often we had to share space with MSG concert goers, etc.
    Its just wasnt a football bar. Location was good i'll give you that.

Jack Dempsey's we did a few events at back in the day, upstairs and once downstairs. It was alright, the TV's sucked though IIRC. It just wasnt good for the size and scope of viewings we wanted to do and it sucked for club/country recruitment..much like Stout did.

Singing down the opposition (like we did to the handful of spanish fans yesterday) is half the fun..i like condesending douchebags because it gives me and the lads a target to shout down.

To each their own.

21. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i find Demsey's pretty good size wise...
    it has 3 floors..:D
    i have no problem having a little go back and forth
    with rival fans...
    Just not in the mood to deal with the English expats that think
    when they walk through Nevada's doors, they're in the East End of London.
    But like you said... to each his own.

22. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

eh - i have a problem that anyone would want to go back and forth with me during the US game! WE LIVE IN THE STATES! Even if you are an expat, born somewhere lese etc - you are in another country - I would never go into a pub in England and root for Angola and tell them to feck off - its a lack of respect to me and it pisses me off.

If people knocking your country on our own soil doesnt piss you off - yea i guess to each his own - to me - i get pissed!

23. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US is a pretty diverse place man. You can't expect everyone in the country to root for USA against their other country or own country. If you were Angolan in the above example i couldnt fault you, but i sure as shit would belittle you and your country in song for 90 minutes. ;)

24. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well if the US was playing Trinidad - i dont mind a seeing some T&T Supporters - actually thought they were cool back in the 06 qualies in Hartford!

And we welcome other supporters up there to watch games with us - im talking about fans of England, When US is playing Cuba - and they are going at the US of A for no reason other than to start a fight? Cause that has happened to me twice in that place!

Maybe my example wasnt clear - sorry!

25. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US is a diverse place...yes....
    but that doesn't give any expats to disrespect someone's fandom for
    the USMNT simply because they're an a**hole.
    Sure, if we're playing that team...i get it...
    but just badger american's how aren't even playing England...
    it gets a little old.