US vs. Cuba - Wizards thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimmy looked good during the Anthem wearing the US jersey. And he gets the start!

Also, Marcus Hahnemann is a scary looking dude. If you had him next to Kasey, and I didn't know better, and said one of them was a huge heavy metal fan, I would NOT pick Kasey.
    Although I don't know Marcus' musical taste.

3. Pat Ervin

Pat Ervin New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    KANSAS CITY
    Jimmy looked his EXCELLENT self. Comfortable, good distribution (accurate)....Cuba lost their fitness at the end it seemed!

See you all at Coach's for DC Saturday!

Big Pat

4. hartley

hartley Member

Great that Jimmy got the start and a complete game. Looks like they lined up in a 3-5-2.

Anyone see the Canada match? I was wondering how Greg Sutton looked in goal for the Maple Leafs. He plays for Montreal in USL First Division. I would love to see him in a Wizards uniform.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yikes. I doubt you'll get many Wizard fans to go along with that.

Most of us probably remember him rolling the ball to Miklos Molnar the week before he was released by the Fire:
    http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/history/archive_game.jsp?year=00&content=0325chikc

Frankly, I thought he looked rather shaky. He did cut off a couple of crosses nicely, but I wasn't that impressed. The game CAN/CRC game was on Galavision.

6. hartley

hartley Member

Per Sutton -- I haven't actually seen him play a match. I have only seen highlights and looked at his stats. I like his height and his ability to come off the line.

And how many years ago was he released by the Fire? He's like 29 or 30 now, I think. One would believe he probably has improved since his time with the Fire. He's pretty much the guy in Montreal and is now getting regular starts for Canada. He could be the next Pat Onstad.

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was thinking Bo Oshoniyi.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't want to start another thread, but Jimmy came on at half time against Canada today for Eddie Pope. And Wolff started for the US today.