Pre-match: US vs. Belgium, Tuesday 1 July

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by huckleberry123333, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windylove

windylove Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Absolutely. Here is the XI:

------------------------GK
    -Cameron-------Gonzo-------Besler-------Beasley
    --------------------Bradley---------------------------
    -------------Bedoya------------JJ--------------------
    ----Zusi----------------------------------------FJ----
    -------------------------Dempsey.

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Reading between Klinsmann's lines, probably not.

3. eric

eric Member

Apr 15, 1999
    cleveland, oh, usa
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    per Univision fj right wing Cameron right fullback

SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley potentially on the right rather than underneath lone striker Dempsey is potentially a very good thing. Of course, a 3 player midfield w/ Jones in the center relies on him not getting pulled too far forward with the other two mids also being forward. And one hopes Bradley and not Zusi is the one more generally matched up w/ Fellani.

5. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    i like the line up. lets hope no an early goal we let.
    if things goes smooth at the begin till first quarter,
    we are than gonna enter the driving seat from the shots and deep line pass to the goal zone, in this point i wonder what belgium tactics will do; will they play offside tactic versus our attempt..?
    or , they will try to steal and go counter by long pass and maybe get the foul kick and and air ball tactic against to us?…

the game can go both side… we must must focus to our usual game plan.we should not enter the trap. team discipline, unity, spirit,balance and works hard Are the our main keys in this tournament.
    We are better than Belgium in over all field performance. They just had more winning number doesnt make them any better than US.

Defensviley:

-Watch out > Counter Attacks. We should not let ball lose at the midfield.period.
    Side backs must must watch out their speedy wingers at counters or sleep deep driplings.

-Watch out > side set kick /foul kicks etc. and corner kicks..they got huge advance in air ball heading and chaos rebound second chance tap in.

-dont let they share move ball pass triangle at the side midfield area to power up engine to go driplings and cause shots and goal.

Offensively:

-Use the ball from the middle to the hot line deep to the flat way at Dempsey area > a Belgium CB's not speedy and not smooth at flat ball movement covering…

-set kicks,rebound second chance tap in.

-long range shots but effective type.

-caotic(chaos) type ball push around the goal area… maybe some tap in by jones or bradley in this point.

Most importantly …<No Fear…. > Believe and concentrate >yourself that that > I will win this game > what ever is opposite..
    (as a US players must think this way before the kick off). <> this the of round game single match up is heavly depend on mental power too. believe, focus, concentrate,team work,discipline……..

Cmon Guys. WE can Do It.

Regards

6. Greg Heaney

Greg Heaney Member

May 5, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FTFY

7. NUWildcat

NUWildcat Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN keeps listing FJ as the RB and Cameron as the RM. Conflicting reports?

Guess we wait until game time.

8. Greg Heaney

Greg Heaney Member

May 5, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ives tweeted photo of the lineup and it's as I have above. But who knows what they actually do?

9. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That was unnecessary. Show some class.

10. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw ESPN....they might as well say the USA shouldn't show up

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SPA2TACU5 and Greg Heaney repped this.
  12. NUWildcat

NUWildcat Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping FJ is playing in the top three and that ESPN is wrong.

13. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    I can't see Cameron playing in front of Johnson, but we'll see. It could be quite different from what anyone is showing in all actuality.

14. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Stop it, this is a very good Belgium team. If they start clicking they can win this whole damn thing pretty easily.

15. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if FJ and bedoya are both up field I like our chances in this match. really surprised chandler isn't getting in though, but I like Cameron even with his gaffes.

16. windylove

windylove Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Agree.

17. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No one beats Germany/France/Brazil/Argentina/Netherlands "pretty easily", especially not when you have to play two or three of them.

18. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    yeah just because all their players play in the Engerland league doesn't mean squat. it's how they play as a team that matters. So far they look beatable but we'll have to wait and see.

Kendetta repped this.
  19. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
  20. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Game time. Let's do this!!

21. CA to VA

CA to VA Member

Jun 24, 2009
    So Cal
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is still open?

22. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Lets go US lets GO

23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Timmy Tim Tim.

24. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    fivethirtyeightsays US has got %42 chance for win…

I say If Football/Soccer has got FAIR a 0.5% , US will will win this match from deep of my heart.

Man, I can be very very very sad to see US eleminate the way we played footy and get the already positive recpect from all over the world.

Every one mentioned before the WC, that that Belgium has got huge generations,talents,skills ,starts etc etc etc…
    But yet they scored every ear of their game in this tournament after the 70….
    And yet they do play dull footy. To me as a footy fan its such a huge disappointment the way of they play and score idea,,I liked what I saw at their Qualify games and Olympic runs in the recent periods,… but in this WC finals, they are very below of their own potential,..
    I dont thin this can change in a one game in today… If this sport has got fair way a bit, US can upset anyone whom ever things of the chance is minor vs Belgium etc.

US must play the OWN Identdy game way. In the past Qualify games and in this WC Finals group games, What we showed ,we must focus same way .
    FOCUS.DISCIPLINE.TEAM UNITY/STAY TOGETHER.PASSION and BELIEVE.

The result will come I believe.

ps:

US must be focus to not let an early goal. period!. not early goal,.. in Portugal game it was hard work to get back to top from the 0-1 down,.. but this is one game round fellas,.. please don't let early goal. This is soft part from the first whistle till the first quarter of the game for US game balance. no let goal in the first quarter.period.

in the last game vs belgium. we let early goal in the minute 6…
    no same mistake hopefully.

Lets go Us lets Go!

Regards,

25. Kendetta

Kendetta Member

Jun 26, 2014
    WA State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread stays open till the DVD comes out!!