PBP: US v. Brazil, Confederations Cup 6/18 (R)

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by BuffloSoldier, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an awful showing.

Other than LD, Bradley, and the defense, the team decided to stand and watch the rest of the game.

Kljestan was horrible, and his red card was absolutely stupid. Seriously, what the hell ? A better player doesnt give that ball away in the first place...

Not using the last sub is just inexcusable, there is nothing else to lose, why not put Adu in ? Or was Dempsey's showboating too important ?

2. Krypts

Krypts Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Louisiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here is the lineup for Egypt.

Bradley is gonna clone Beasley and play with 9 Beasleys and Landon with Howard in the goal.

3. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I'm concerned, this team does not deserve to win as long as Bob Bradley is coaching it. Even against the likes of Belize and Aruba.

4. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since now we have no chance to make it past the group stage, I hope BB takes this chances to do a bit of expermenting with players and formations.

5. keller#1

keller#1 Red Card

Feb 16, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    gulati would like to know what "firing" means. he's going with his american exceptionalism idea that only we can not fire our coach under contract-even when they're mentally retarded

6. Tru Fan 07

Tru Fan 07 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Box to Box CLAP CLAP CLAP! Box to Box CLAP CLAP CLAP!

7. enfuego

enfuego Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Epic fail over and over...

8. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm starting to think that there aren't any changes he can make. We're a top 20 team, but we're not a top 5 team. We just don't have the players.

9. ShadowNC

ShadowNC Member

Apr 25, 2001
    Rocky Mount, NC
    So disappointing.

I've never been a "fire the coach" kind of guy, but I'm getting there. Can we please start putting our best players on the field? Please?

10. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should go for 2 unnecessary red cards for good measure. Then we can see how incomprehensible our play is with only 9 men on the pitch.

11. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    The Copa America actually was experimenting. This Confederations Cup was the main test after 3 years of work. There are no excuses here, though the blame stretches far beyond Bob.

12. offtheheezie

offtheheezie Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Lalas said it best...this group can't win it's time for changes BB, start calling different players up.

13. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Bees Knees

Bees Knees Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Aruba
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hate?:D

15. lilking24

lilking24 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We aren't a top 20 team. We're around 40-50.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Uh, don't start Beasley? Don't bring out of form players into camp? This is not rocket science.

17. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Answers what f*ckin answers!

The only answer that we got tonight was that the only reason the fans have those stupid horns is because It would've otherwise been a second half of complete silence

18. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    I've watched Brazil games for over 20 years, (I was born there, but live in the US now)... There is only two ways to beat a Brazilian team in a tournament like this:

1) If you have world class players, you can play your game, your style, and hopefully it matches well agains the Brazilian players. Teams like France, Italy, Argentina, etc.

2) You come to the conclusion that playing your style against Brazil is suicide, then you come out in a narow, half field, zonal marking, quick fouling, shirt pulling, counter-attacking system. Teams like Uruguay, Mexico, Paraguay, etc..

I'm recording the game to watch it later, but I'm assuming BB didn't put a very good marking/counter-attacking team out there (I don't know if he has the players for that). And as I read some of your comments, I see that the games I've seen in qualifying are trully how this team has been organized. There is a reliance on the long ball and using the size/power advantage the U.S. has when playing El Salvador, Honduras etc... Problem is, this will not work against top level oposition, you are merely going to be giving the ball away.

On a separate note, as a youth soccer coach, it makes me extremely angry, when I see youth refs calling fouls against my team when we are shielding the ball or using the good ol' shoulder to shoulder to maintain posetion...belive it or not, this is one of first things a Brazilian kid is thought, "hold on to the ball", use your body to protect it... Contrary to popular belief, this is actually a "skill" that has to be developed from a young age...I'm tallking startin at 8,9,10 years old

Overall I think the U.S. has enough talent (using a different style of play) to consistently get into the 2nd round of the WC...hopefully the corrections are made soon so 2010 is not a waste like '06.

19. SignGuyDino

SignGuyDino New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    I think Bradley is showing up Adu for some inexplicable reason. NOT subbing him and NOT using your third sub? No excuses. I want the BB defenders explaining this.

20. 88AgentS

88AgentS Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey needs to taste the bench. Spector was not at fault on the first goal. We need to play with two forwards. Red cards are bad.

21. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Period. Point blank. Right on.

Stagnant program.

22. FKASCSN

FKASCSN Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top 20? Hell, right now I'm not even sure we're a top 40 team.

23. autogolazzo

autogolazzo Member+

Mar 4, 2007
    I'm hoping that Egypt beats Italy, which they very well can.

This way, the game between US and Italy will at least have meaning for Egypt and the US will not get false positives for having done well in a meaningless game. I suppose the US would also still be in (mathmatical )contention as well.

24. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense intended. Just venting at the way that camp counselor is embarrassing my country.

25. Tongpu12

Tongpu12 Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this has been a dress rehearsal, then we should cancel the actual performance immediately. Unless, of course, we hire a new director a find some hidden talent somewhere. I really must hear why Bradley refused to use our final sub, it will make my day to find out his rationale.