US U-17's, Bradenton- Catch All Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    What happend to the last one?

Well lets Start it off with,

Trip in early November to Europe.

vs Manchester City U-18, BlackBurn U-18, Scotland U-17

2. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Anybody have specifics on why Jalen robinson and Malcolm Harris have yet to be in Bradenton or an U-17 Camp?

3. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    No but he has to commit to the kids who comes to Bradenton or he loses his leverage. If Jalen, Gamble and Harris start taking the WC spots. Why would the kids move to Bradenton?

I still dislike this philosophy. I rather have MVP's and egomaniacs. It takes a damn good coach to coach prodigies. Building a cohesive team to win the U17WC is not really the end game to me. It's testing our top .01% in the highest level of youth competition.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/play...780/Recent-success-only-baseline-for-US-squad

"Our goal is not find the most valuable player, but to see if everyone can perform at this level as a team," he said. "We try to use players the best way possible and analyze their reaction to this style of surroundings at the same time. "

"We want to be able to have all 40 players available at every moment, but some get injured and others get sick," Cabrera said. "So if there is a player that has the desire to be here and has shown it in the field, the door is always open."

4. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Wow that was unexpected from Cabrera. Maybe angling for higher coaching posts...?

5. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002
    Or looking for excuses after kicking Lletget and Gyau off the team?

6. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    ‎@Dallascup 2010 Nike International Friendlies U17: USMNT, Brazil; Korea Republic and Turkey #usmnt #ussda

7. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Probably more to do with trying to manage an ever increasing talent pool. With 78 DA's and players developing at different ages coaching at that level is very fluid.

FWIW Letget left on his own accord and Gyau had his own issues.

8. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002
    Lletget has been kicked off after not coming to a camp.

9. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how much young German talent is on that team

10. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    How can he be on the team if he doesn't come to camp :confused:

We are probably debating symantics, but Lletget left on his own accord. His desire was to go to West Ham and that definately precuded him from playing with the U-17's.

I just find it highly mis-leading when people suggest that Cabrera ran Lletget off or Rongen cost us Subotic.

The goal article below is one of the better article's on Lletgets involvement with West Ham and the US-17 team.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/u...93/davis-discussions-sebastian-lletget-leaves

11. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
  12. zhosereh

zhosereh New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Jalen has turned down residency twice now.

13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    There are going to be an increasing number of kids that turn down Bradenton in favor of MLS academies. That's not a knock on Bradenton, but a compliment to some of the MLS academies.

14. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    I am going to disagree on that. I think your statement is partially true but not blanket.

15. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002
    Both.

16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    U17s in England:

11-day training camp that will include matches against youth teams from Manchester City, Blackburn and the Scotland U-17 MNT. ​

Roster:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Kendall McIntosh (Mustang Academy; Santa Rosa, Calif.), Fernando Pina (Houston Dynamo; Houston, Texas)

DEFENDERS (6): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; Plano, Texas), Mobi Fehr (Tokyo Verdy 1969; Tokyo, Japan), Alessandro Mion (Kendall SC; Miami, Fla.), Nathan Smith (Cal Odyssey; Clovis, Calif.), Andrew Souders (Crew Soccer Academy; Amherst, Ohio), Danny Zaid (Camp Elite Guatemala; Guatemala City)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Joe Amon (South Carolina United FC; Summerville, S.C.), Alejandro Guido (Aztecs Premier; Chula Vista, Calif.), Nico Melo (Florida Rush; Kissimmee, Fla.), Marc Pelosi (De Anza Force; Sunnyvale, Calif.), Esteban Rodriguez (Cosmos Academy West; Palmdale, Calif.), Tarik Salkicic (Strictly Soccer; Pinellas Park, Fla.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.)

FORWARDS (5): Daniel Flores (Cal Odyssey; Fresno, Calif.), Alex Muyl (Cosmos Academy East; New York, N.Y.), Andrew Oliver (Westside United; Indianapolis, Ind.), Mario Rodriguez (Central Aztecs; North Hollywood, Calif.), Cole Seiler (CESA; Anderson, S.C.)​

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-17-M...chester-England-for-11-Day-Training-Camp.aspx

17. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stu holden just tweeted he's in manchester hanging out with these kids...said he'd be posting some pics later.

cool to hear he's hooked up with them while they're in town.

forza inter

18. thetank123

thetank123 Member

Dec 28, 2009
    What kind of player is Robinson? I know he plays defender but other than that nothing. Thanks!

19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Sorry for my ignorance. Any non-Bradenton kids in that group?

20. saintmarys10

saintmarys10 Member

Aug 5, 2010
    If the roster on US Soccer is correct, then all kids are Bradenton.

21. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002
    What a surprise.

22. bigbelly

bigbelly New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I am truly surprised at the coments of people allways asking if this is from bradenton or not.
    This is the only cycle of players that the coaches are not afraid of going the extra mile to get them even if they are not in Bradenton.
    In the last 3 trips this team has taken they have included players that are not in Bradenton.
    Now one thing that is clear is that like it or not the level of the players in Bradenton is high also on the physical aspect and it is very difficult to get anyone out of bradenton to be at that level, but if they see someone that is close enough then they will try them.
    Enough with the bs.
    Bradenton is not perfect but it is what we have coach Wilmer or the next one cannot change it, it can only be change by US SOCCER after countless recomendations from coaches.
    Believe me when I tell you that it will not change any time soon.

23. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002
    "Coach, will I become a better player in Bradenton?"
    "Probably not, sonny, but otherwise you will never play on U-17 team"
    Extortion, anyone?

24. saintmarys10

saintmarys10 Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Completely agree!

25. Altidore_Adu_Fan

Sep 30, 2007