US Training at Stanford: Any viewers?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Honore de Ballsac, May 16, 2014.

1. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Any fellow Quakes fans been able to see the US train at Stanford yet?

Will it be possible to see them this weekend?

Figured some of you might have inside scoop, and know whether some sessions are informally open or closed - or strictly verboten.

Want to show support for Wondo and Clay.

2. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    One of the formerly regular posters on here was over there yesterday. Apparently he had to wait for hours in 90+ degree weather but eventually got to see a lot of the players. From the photos, it looks as though a bunch of the Outlaws were there as well.

Me, I'm not that interested in an "oh wow, I was so close to Dempsey I could touch him!" experience. I don't do autographs (unless they're on checks). I'd want to watch practices, as many people did with the Olympics. So if that's not a possibility, then never mind. Unless someone wants to loan me press credentials, and it may be by invitation only anyway.

3. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    I could bring little people who would appreciate autographs, but yeah I'm mostly interested in watching training.

4. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Training is officially closed to the public, so it's more about catching them before and after.

5. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    In camp pictures, looks like Stanford soccer players are watching from the stands. Anyone the right age to pass off as a college soccer player? Maybe friends with the Stanford Coaches?

6. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So where are the players staying and hanging out? It would be fun to run into them at the mall or something...

7. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I'm going to the Great America theme park today. I bet I see a few guys with their families since it's so close.

8. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I assume that they are staying at one of the two hotels on El Camino right across the street from Stanford. I would be surprised to find them at the Stanford mall, but who knows? Maybe they'll drop by our AYSO walk-in registration too.

9. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, everybody post any sightings in this thread!

10. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so if you hang around at Stanford Cagan field, you may see some USMNT golf cart drivers.
    USMNT-on-stanford-golf-cart-may-18-2014.jpg

11. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I had a meeting that took me past Cagan this morning and it appeared that the green fabric was gone and no one was on the field. This was about 10 am.

FUAEG repped this.
  12. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    So, boy and I went over today, arriving just at 4. (I said, great, parking is free after 4!) Turns out everyone was leaving. The players were already gone, but we were close enough to Klinsie that I could have swung a pocket watch before his eyes and chanted "you WILL be taking Wondo to Brazil." But I didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

13. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Anyone have details or a link to info about the open practice at Candlestick Monday?

Is that still on?

14. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  15. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Thanks Mr. Bandwagon!

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is the USMNT still training at Stanford and if so for how much longer until they leave for Brazil? Can not seem to find it online....

17. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes