US Style of Play

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by purojogo, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Mexico = Cannot Afford Lights

2. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://kysoccer.info/coaches/information/player.development/The Emerging American Style.pdf

Some might find this interesting. It's an article publishes in 2001 in NSCAA Soccer Journal. "The Emerging American Style"

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    What happened to "American catenaccio"?

Sachin

4. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: US Style of Play

While i disagree with you on the US-German comparison, let me remind you: Argentina actually can SCORE goals... Mexico tries to imitate the South American style overall, but they lack the finishing to be compared to one of the great teams there.....

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by Seachin
    What happened to "American catenaccio"?

The loss of the USWNT to Germany along with the USMNT elimination from the Worldo Cup against Zee Germans made me realise that they were beating you at their own game (tactics wise) While the U.S was the more aggresive team (attack Wise) in both of those games, usually it is the other way around..

Originally posted by purojogo
    While i disagree with you on the US-German comparison, let me remind you: Argentina actually can SCORE goals... Mexico tries to imitate the South American style overall, but they lack the finishing to be compared to one of the great teams there.....

Pay attention because i am only going to say it once after this you will have to scroll up. I am talking about Tactics. the current Mexican National team with its Argie coach play an Argentine style game. Its Argie Lite because they dont have an Aimar, a Crespo and a handfull of other World Class players but the overall tactics are Argie.

6. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what you really mean is:

Mexico = Argentina sin :p