US Soccer Supporters Club Frustrations

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by RoleModel83, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Got the invite to the Berhalter pre-game before the Wales match, but didn't check it out. Anybody participate and was it at all interesting?

2. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I had the day off from work so I watched it. It was fine. Michael Kammarman hosted the huddle from his home. Sitting in front of the US Soccer banner, Berhalter made a brief welcoming statement and took a few questions from Insiders, live from their homes via the magic of zoom. It was brief, about 15 minutes.

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Yep, thought it was nice access/gesture for the Insider members. Content was a bit vague but still a nice-to-have benefit, and so easy for USSF to do, glad they are doing it.

4. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    wixson7 and Semblance17 repped this.
  5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  6. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Anyone have a rep from US Soccer reach out to them to hold a call/Zoom? They’ve reached out but I don’t necessarily want to do if they’re just going to ask for donations or something like that.

7. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I let my membership lapse for the first time since 2013 back in January. The timing seemed right for multiple reasons. Might re-up later this year IFF it feels like it may be useful to have a premium membership again in the near future.

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Just the recent zoom calls for Insider members to hear the WNT head coach discuss the recent games.

And then AO had one for VP candidates.

9. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My 2021 Insider's scarf arrived today. I never wore my 2020 one to a match. :(

Chesco United repped this.
  10. hoys

hoys Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to take back some of my complaints about this program after seeing that premium insiders who've been in since 2018 and earlier are bumped into the same lottery draw group as the VIP level. I'll take it!

wixson7 and Eddie Stiel repped this.
  11. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was in the supporters section at what was then PPL Park in Chester, PA for a friendly against Colombia early last decade. Some loudmouth decided to hurl insults against the Colombian National Anthem. Luckily, a US Supporter got away from his seat and angrily shushed the loon. Sadly, a nil draw resulted in the match.

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  13. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wixson7 repped this.
  14. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Thx sir. Though to be fair, my run ended 2 years ago. Donald Wine and a few others replaced me and Eagleman.

I will say that the Insiders program seems to be running fairly smooth and will be pretty stable for the next decade hopefully. So many changes in the early years and this format seems to be working. They've found the right balance (really nice revenue stream, building loyalty to their brand, and seemingly providing value to the paid members). Proud of the foundation we built, hope they don't screw it up. Ha

15. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha. Tells you how much I know. Still though, really appreciate all the work you've done

wixson7 repped this.
  16. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I signed up for the Captain's Circle level, and am happy to help support soccer development.

I'm confused, though, as to how I'm supposed to get the advertised benefits. The website and app do not seem particularly informative, and I've tried emailing and leaving a VM for the US Soccer Insider folks, but have not yet gotten a response from them.

I'm planning on attending the USA-Panama match in March. Anyone here have any idea:

1. How can I get access to the pregame/postgame benefits in Orlando that are supposed to be available? (What's advertised seems to include: pregame VIP passes (2), pregame lounge passes (4), and on-field postgame photo.) I'm not finding any info on how to access these opportunities.

2. I don't have my game tickets yet. Before I buy tickets through the public Ticketmaster site, I was hoping to find out if there are any special ticket purchase opportunities remaining (like the "private Circle Suite" that is advertised for Captain's Circle).

3. How do I get my free jersey? There seems to be a link in the app to get a jersey, but it just sends me to a broken web page.

Curious if anyone on this forum has any helpful info they can kindly share. Thanks so much.

17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    My take:

1) you'll get an email a week-ish before the game with all the Circle club pregame stuff. You'll rsvp for it and can pay extra for additional passes.

2) You'll get email shortly before everyone with your own ticket codes and a presale window times for Circle. Though tix already went on sale, no? I'm not heading to that one but assuming the presale window closed..?

3) not sure about the jersey

NNNJJJ repped this.
  18. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very helpful. Thank you.

19. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I conceded to mobile technology by downloading the US Soccer app to my wife's iPad. I must use this gizmo in order to claim my yearly Insiders membership scarf. They sent me a 2022 one (actually two by mistake--shh!) when I sent an email inquiry a few months ago.

I am in fourth place in caps.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  20. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  21. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I received my 2023 Insiders scarf yesterday, the first one I had to order by redeeming reward points via the (cr)app. I'll try to remember to start checking for the 2024 one earlier in the year. I stumbled upon this year's model when I logged into the (cr)app for the second time ever upon returning from the El Salvador CNL match in Orlando.

22. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    I couldn't even get my cap to register on the app in Ohio on Sunday. The app is plain awful now. It was OK when it launched.

Hamburgler03 repped this.
  23. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, I have had consistent problems getting points from the app without sending emails to Insiders Support so someone can manually add them.

To get credit for caps, I use the online form buried in the Insiders FAQ's. I attach a scanned copy of my paper ticket and get credit in about a week or so.

24. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Eddie, any luck getting a list of ones they have registered for your account. I keep having to manually add them and don't know which ones they have me listed for.

25. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No, I haven't tried to get that list. I just use the form to add new caps as soon as possible after attending matches. I made a spreadsheet of my caps when they starting using them to place us into membership tiers (since changed back to ranking by money paid). They gave me credit for all those caps going back to 1996. I update the spreadsheet as needed.

My system works pretty well, although I have had to send a reminder email once or twice. When I first discovered the online form, I misunderstood its purpose. I thought they were going to keep track of which games we attended so I checked off all the relevant boxes. I ended up with way more caps than I actually had, so I did emails to correct the count, which is either correct or off by one cap in my favor. I deserve one freebee.