US Soccer Asks NYC Fans to Come To CBS Early Show on Monday, June 18th

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Sweeper, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    All tri-state area soccer fans.

We have been asked by MLS and US Soccer to show our support on national television this upcoming Monday morning, June 18th, on the CBS Early Show. The national network will be talking about the World Cup and the US National Team and it is important that fans come out to show our passion for the world's greatest sport. How many times have we had a platform such as this one to show the nation who we are and how much we love our sport?

WHAT: CBS Early Show: Fans with World Cup fever on a pair of live shots.

WHERE: 59th St. and 5th Ave. South – at the plaza adjacent to the Apple building.

WHEN: Monday, June 19 – 7:30 a.m. (Will be done by 8:30 a.m.)

WEAR: Your favorite national team jersey, lots of World Cup color.

BRING: US flags, other national team flags, Red Bulls scarves, drums, confetti, etc.

WHY: 1) To show all those who say, “nobody in the United States cares about soccer” that they’re wrong.

2) To give a national, network audience a positive impression of soccer fans in New York

DO: Be prepared to listen carefully and follow instructions on site.

The League and soccer fans across the United States appreciate your sacrifice (waking up early, maybe arriving a bit late to work) to make this a strong statement about the fervor that DOES exist for soccer.

We do care about this sport in the USA. The boys over in Germany did a great show versus Italy on Saturday and anyone who saw the game heard Sam's Army clear for ninety minutes. Here is our chance on our soil to show the world that we have arrived.

K. Dyer

2. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, to all of you who were in the ESC, the guy in the collared shirt who came over to me on the drum around the 60th was from MLS, he was specifically asking us ESC members to show up. We are the loudest in the stadium, and we need to show up in numbers on Monday. I know this is asking a lot since most of us have work or other commitments, but if you can get yourself down there....it would be great exposure and greatly appreciated.

-Greg

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Don't forget these!

[​IMG]

4. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    oy. i wish i could be there. damn occupation.

5. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Could CBS be trying to stick it to ABC by showing that soccer and the Wortld Cup do not have a large following in the USA??????

6. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    On the Article Title you have Monday June 18th ..... Monday is June 19th, not 18th ..

7. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Ugh, give me some neg rep, quick!

8. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's too bad they just wanted a bunch of kids...:rolleyes:

9. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    wow. thats all kinds of sad.

10. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, did anyone show?

11. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York
    yeah about 6-7 of us....

pretty weak turnout...

the folks at MLS should rename their outfit ALS... (Amateur League Soccer).

I'm sure the NFL or the NBA would've handle this opportunity very differently.

If this is what RedBull is calling "grassroots approach", someone might want to call the guy who came up with MPF back to work for these guys.

Sad.

12. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Please do.