US - Reggae Boys Watch Party?

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Blitzz Boy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Maybe this should be moved to US Men Fans & Travel, but is there going to be a get-together for the US-Jamaica WCQ?

I'm not sure if I could be there myself and if it's in a Private Club, I might not be able to go because I'd be there with my daughter.

Skybox in the Gateway, maybe?

2. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting together for some of the WCQ matches would be a fun idea as some of next year's "Loyalists" could meet each other. I especially think we should try to make arrangments for the match from El Salvador which tentatively is PPV only. Might as well have someone volunteer to host a viewing party so we can split the bill. I'll have to pass on this week's match as I am "on call" and it starts at 5 PM which is right when I get off work. I'll have to view it from home on "Tivo" and start watching it from the beginning around halftime.

Skybox might be a great place for some of the matches, but we might want to call ahead and arrange for a few tables and screens for the game so we aren't competing with viewers of any other events. When we packed the place for the US-Germany game we had a fun time (despite the result) but it was at something like 5AM and there was a strange absence of any baseball or hoops games on the air at that hour and the soccer fans had the place to themselves.

3. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There may be a few people from Logan lurking around here. A group of us will be watching on campus at the Lundstrom Center. They have a bigscreen in the lobby that works most of the time.