US/Portugal - Manaus - 6/22/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have been meaning to post here since I returned by have got caught up with life. Riker, big ups to you beforehand for all the advice, etc.

I was able to travel to Manaus and Recife. I came away far more impressed with Manaus as a city at the end of my trip. I can't point my finger to one thing in specific as there were many aspects of the city that made it thoroughly enjoyable.

The people were so friendly, I speak no Portuguese and made it by on broken Spanish and hand signals. At no point did anyone get frustrated with me because I didn't speak the language. The city square and the nightly performances were fantastic! Brasilian girls seemed to love to attempt to teach my how to Samba, something I will never forget. All in all, this was a great trip and I will always have fond memories of Manaus!

Riker and wixson7 repped this.
  2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Thanks Riker for your help. Hotel Express Vierialves was fine. The room was tiny but clean and there were a couple bars close by to hang out and watch matches. There was also a taxi stand right outside the hotel which was super convenient. I went to the restaurant Banzeiro and it was AMAZING. Tambaqui ribs are something else. Also went on a day trip on the Amazon which was awesome, we saw wild monkeys in the trees, went swimming in the Rio Negro... It was great. And I went to the beach at Ponta Negra by the fan fest the morning of the match. It was small but kind of cool to see. Something different. I also saw the opera house. Overall my two and a half days in Manaus was enough, but it was definitely worth it for me.

wixson7 repped this.