US Open Cup Semifinal vs. Dallas 9/3 [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Sep 3, 2002.

1. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather have points in hand than games in hand any day.

2. It was ugly, but it was beautiful!!!!!!

It felt odd rooting for the Metros last night in the midst of the ol' Cotton Bowl. Thankfully, it wasn't dangerous. Only a few folks gave us ugly looks as we cheered the Metro goals. The good news is that the Burn appears to be on the ropes and going down fast. Two proper spankings in a row feels good in exchange for the golden goal in Dallas two weeks ago. It appears that the Cup pretenders are beginning to take their proper place at the back of the stage and the contenders are moving forward to claim their prize. Go GaLAaxy!!!

3. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: It was ugly, but it was beautiful!!!!!!

Didn't look like anyone showed up? Did you have your G jersey on? ;)

4. Naw, we decided against the GaLAxy jerseys for the game. We are season ticket holders for the Burn (and were for the GaLAaxy when we lived in LA). However, we are still trying to figure out if the die-hard Burn fans will turn hostile with continued anti-Burn antics. In retrospect, maybe we should have worn the LARS shirts that Tommy gave us back in the Spring. As far as people showing up, it looked like maybe 3,000. Not a good result for MLS in general. We went to Chili's for some Buffalo Wings after the game and I think there were more people there watching the Giant-49er game than in the Cotton Bowl!

5. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Re: It was ugly, but it was beautiful!!!!!!

Ah yes, the classic "win the MLS cup" during the regular season syndrome. I just hope for your sake that your Galaxy has not peeked to soon for as we all know that the MLS is a league of streaks, and the Red and Black would just love to help them step right into a losing streak right about the 3rd week of September. Revenge will be sweet!

La locura rojinegra

6. Re: Re: It was ugly, but it was beautiful!!!!!!

Actually, what I had in mind was winning momentum going into the playoffs. I know that is a foreign subject based upon what I've witnessed in the Cotton Bowl for the last couple weeks.