US Open Cup Round #2: AC St. Louis @ NSC Minnesota p/i/p

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by MUhooligan10, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, no problem, I worked it out eventually. Thanks for posting it in the first place - I wouldn't even have known that much.

Amazing turn of events, huh? Our humble Fentonians against the mighty Galaxy (maybe not the mightiest version of the Galaxy, but still).

2. billno63

billno63 New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Princeton, IL
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's great to see St. Louis get this far in the tournament, which to my mind already makes their run a success. I think if they play to a respectful result next week they can hold their heads up high. I still question the value of the next round for the team as a business, being that it's an extra trip to the west coast and I'm sure that AC St. Louis is covering all the expenses (and it certainly would've been nice to see the Galaxy play in St. Louis, wouldn't it?). Still, all in all they've done well and I think St. Louis can be proud of this run.

3. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've won three in a row...four this weekend. ;)

They've made a great showing in this tourney. They beat a team they should've beaten, and they've beaten a team that got them last time.

What more can you ask for?

4. Showstopper

Showstopper New Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What more can I ask for? A win against one of my least favorite MLS teams would be nice.:cool:

5. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer helps offset costs for teams, so they're not really taking that much of a hit other than being tired. The Galaxy having to come here, however, would have been sweet.

Maybe, they should always make the bigger team play on the road. It could make for some interesting results and give a little boost at the gate for lower-division sides.

6. billno63

billno63 New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Princeton, IL
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that was the rule of thumb, at least in early rounds, but I later found out that hosting teams are based on financial bids, which, of course, would leave St. Louis out. Still, if AC does the improbable and beats LA, maybe someone there in Fenton can come up with the extra cash to maybe bid on a quarterfinal game(?).

7. wester_brad

wester_brad New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    St. Charles
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll throw in a couple bucks hahaha

It would be awesome to be able to watch AC play in the tournament though, especially at home. Can't wait to watch AC tomorrow night!