US Open Cup Railhawks vs Bavarian SC

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by Brandon313, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    http://usopencup.com/2005bracket/index_E.html

If we can dispatch Bavarian SC on June 26th, we will be facing the struggling Chicago fire in the third round.
    But lets talk about the 2nd round game...

Im going to make a banner that says "Bayern Saugt!! Lebenslang Werder!" since i am a hardcore Werder Bremen supporter! :)
    We should have some German chants to go along with this game i think!

2. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. FC Carolina

FC Carolina New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Perth, W.A.
    So how does that work in the old rationale? A 5-1 prediction for the RailHawks, since RWB Adria is one goal better than Bavarians? Or an 8-2 prediction, since Adria is twice as good? ;)

No, I'm not looking ahead past this match, and I hope the team isn't, either. Bavarians already have one USL scalp and should be respected.

4. NCFire

NCFire Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Chapel Hill
    I'd be very surprised if their USOC squad is the same as the one they're using week to week in USASA matches.

They're a classic example of a quasi-pro team. It seems a decent portion of their squad will be professional indoor players.
    \

5. FC Carolina

FC Carolina New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Perth, W.A.
    Of course, that was the same thing for RWB Adria, too.

Again, like I said, I'm not expecting an easy match by any stretch. But I am expecting the RailHawks to win, and will be mightily disappointed if they don't.

6. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game is free on USL Live for anybody who can't go to the game or doesn't have the USL Live subscription

7. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meet the opponents:
    http://trisoccerfan.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=788

Get free tickets!

Triangle Soccer Fanatics is giving away FREE tickets to this match to the first 30 people that stop by our tailgate on Tuesday between 6pm & 7pm before the match. The TSF tailgate is in the shady area just below the large sculpture garden in front of the stadium.

Please note this free tickets are in the supporters section so if you do take advantage of this free offer, we fully expect you to "bring da noise" during the match! :)

8. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-1 prediction. :)

9. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. NCFire

NCFire Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Chapel Hill
    I'm not sure it is possible to play a team from the Milwaukee metro area that doesn't have a Dombrowski on the roster.

Match Day! What time does the tailgate begin?

11. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what we can expect for crowd size tonight.

12. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a lot of comp tickets out there (season tickets are good for 4 people to 1 ticket) and I gave away close to 300 tickets in the 204 section.

The weather is lookin' good (slight possibility of a Thunderstorm).

I'm guessing 3500.

Tailgate starts in the 5:30-6:00pm timeframe (whenever I'm through hanging the banners inside the stadium...anyone care to meet me at 5:30 to help?)

No grill tonight (no room in the Mini Cooper!)

13. davisplaid

davisplaid New Member

Aug 5, 2002
    durham
    I'll have a gas grill!

I might make it by 5:30....

14. anewsoccerfan

anewsoccerfan Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    2 - 0 Railhawks at the half. Connally Edozien is the man.

15. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    solid 4-0 win...no real problems for the Hawks tonight...now ON TO CHICAGO!!

to quote Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks"......."WE GO TO CHI-Ca-GOOOOOO......GO TO CHIII-CA-GOO-O"

Wow what a way for Leite to break his bad finishing streak!! That ball was just destined for the back of the net aparently....one minute it was going 4 feet over the net, and the next it just dips right under the bar!! great strike!

16. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much in the game other than a few goals and an awesome 4th goal. We looked bored and for most of the game, Bavarian looked content to just let us knock it around and serve up some crappy crosses.

I know what people are going to say when I say this next part so I'll say it for you, "But he scored two and had an assist!! You can't argue with results!!"

Maher is horrible. From my vantage point, he might be the laziest forward I've ever seen. I would chalk it up to this just being a US Open Cup 2nd round game against an obvious lesser opponent, but it's the same thing I've seen in every other game. He stands around when we have possession, hides behind his defender, and never makes any sort of diagonal run when he really needs to. His first touch is usually horrible but he makes it look better by hustling to get it back. Both goals tonight were pretty lucky (first probably should've been a foul, I'm going to watch it again on USL Live to see another replay and the second was being lucky enough to be in the right place) I just can't believe he's the best option. I could probably continue here complaining about Carrieri, but I guess I'll move on, good work moving on 'hawks, let's keep it going against the Fire.

** Okay, I just watched it, wasn't a foul but should've been saved, so my point still stands :cool:

17. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    ive been thinking that Maher just doesnt have it, sure he had two goals today, but one of them was a freebee...He doesnt have much pace, and he doesnt control the ball very well...i just think they should try and start Santi instead of him, for one or two games and just see how that goes...

18. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    sounds like the Thunder-Victory game was quite a freak fest!! Complete with MOONING and immitations of a PISSING DOG by the Vics players to the Thunder supporters....wow sounds about as classless as you can get...and we were complaining about Eyelander's flipping us off!

20. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, too bad that one wasn't on USL Live

21. Chadwell

Chadwell New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    North Carolina
    Since we're calling players out...

Why is Steele still taking all the corner kicks?

Standing in the box last night, Stokes looked like Yao Ming surrounded by a bunch of 2nd graders but Jonny kept drilling in low corners that never made it past the first defender. The 'Hawks easily could have scored two more goals if the corners were even halfway decent.

22. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At one point, we thought about starting a "Just Like Landon" chant as their corner kicks seemed equally as effective.

23. RevFan

RevFan Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 1, 1999
    East Lyme, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said the same thing to my brother at the Charleston game!

24. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States