US-Nigeria [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    OK, so you know it was a squash. 5-0, although it should've been 5-1 'cause I do think the Nigerian player was onside there.

Just 31,000 or so tonight at the Linc. Very disappointing for the first US national team game in the city limits since the Israel friendly in '68. Shockingly so. And was it REALLY necessary for Heinrichs (who received very sparse cheers when the lineups were announced) to rub it in our faces by starting Bivens, of all people, in Philly, no less? :|

Paul

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Whatever happened to all the talk of 50,000 tix being sold?

3. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No joke. 31,000 was a sad showing for this set of games. Only 5k more than Saturday's selection. Will be a while before another WNT game is played at the Linc.

Nice feel to the game inside the stadium. Thumbs up to the Nigerian section for picking up the volume during the second half, even though their team was down.

I also give thumbs up to all the minvans who left early. They helped me get out of the parking lot and onto Broad in about 5 minutes.

4. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to admit that Bivens and Boxx (lumped them together b/c of previous posts :) ) both played solidly for the US. The Nigerians didn't force them to do anything spectacular, but they didn't make a meal out of anything out there either.

5. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    Clueless people

Who the HECK are you kidding dude! $30-$50-$80-$110-$150 is the reason they didn't sell more tickets. PLUS, It was a Thursday night! Did you ever HEAR of SCHOOL??? The $30 & $50 seats in the lower bowl were SOLD OUT. No way would I bring my kids to a game if they had to sit in the upper bowl, and another thing. I seen TWO ADS in the Philly paper in the THREE MONTHS the USSF knew the games were coming. I had 4 $80 seats that weren't worth the price. Yeah, they were great seat, but still over priced.

6. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Re: Clueless people

But it was the 200 level which was empty, and they didn't have the highest-priced seats, right? I paid $110 for my Section 121, 2nd row seat. All the highest priced seats were pretty much gone, except for that one section on Adam's side of the stadium. And the security was entirely too anal when it came to hanging ANYTHING, even a coat, even slightly over anywhere near the field.

Paul

7. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    No, the seats with the Eagles logo [section 201] were $80 too. All the tan seats were Club Box and they all ran at $110.

8. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
  9. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I was near a section that they cleared out because they only had 3 or 4 rows covered and there were about 4 more covered by those without tickets for that area. So they kicked out those without tickets. Boo!

10. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Re: Re: US-Nigeria [R]

I was wrong - I had said here and elsewhere, before one of the WWC forum mods moved our discussion of the attendance for Thursday out of the attendance thread to its own subject for unsatisfactory (to me) reasons, that Bivens would not start again in the tournament. I was proven wrong today.

Paul

11. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    Dude, you made the big time!

[​IMG]

12. #2FairFan

#2FairFan New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    Pssssssssssss!

[​IMG] I meant Adam!