US-Mex in Columbus ? why ?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by DonCorleone, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we're playing a friendly, that's fine. Play Mexico at the Masoleum, I don't care. Play them at Reliant, I don't care. Play them at LaVell Edwards Stadium, I don't care (though others might for party reasons)...

Don't. Mess. With. Qualifying.

Ever.

Take every advantage you can get. Mexico does it...why shouldn't we?

That's why you put Mexico in Columbus...I'm not worried about 3000 Mexican fans showing up there...

(probably because that's how many there'll be and they'll be out-screamed by the other 21,000 US fans...7 to 1? I like those odds...)

Put this match at Reliant? Yeah, I guarantee the place sells out all 70,000 seats...nice payday and all that...and you would would be lucky to have half the fans there cheering for the US. 50-50? That's no home game.

Again, for a friendly, that's fine. For a World Cup Qualifier? You're just asking to get toasted.

Players know when their getting the home crowd support and it affects their game...

BTW, referees usually can figure it out as well...see Prendergast, Peter, San Jose, Costa Rica, August 2000 if you have any doubt in your mind...

2. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Home crowd is an advantage if it also affect the other side, which I dont think will be the case with the mexican team, last time, the cold was a big factor, plus that mexican team was in shambles, there were confirmed reports of mexican players in a disco in LA the night before a game, and several other dicipline related problems, any team acting like that is looking for trouble, which-sure enough happened- Enrique Meza, then the NT coach, didnt have the capacity to coach at thet level. and the proof came when vasco Aguirre took over.

My point is, the USNT should make some money out of the home games, like Mexico. both teams are basically qualified anyway.

And because Im upset I will never see those games in LA. :mad:

3. turbostevo

turbostevo New Member

Jun 5, 2001
    dallas
    yeah... right. :rolleyes:

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Says the Mexico fan. :rolleyes:

And there's no way Mexican players were in LA the night before the game. They were in Ohio for a couple days before IIRC.

5. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    You guys were rattled in Panama. In Columbus you will have a meltdown.

I thought I had heard all of the excuses from the Mexicans but that is a new one. My word you can find that post in the World Rivalries Dumbest Post Thread.

May be but that is only the fault of the Mexicans.

Yes but you seem to not have any pride. This game is for Concacaf bragging rights and probably for the first position in the group. Also when you throw in a rivalry that grows every game it elevates it a little more.

You don't see me complaing do ya? I know that the USSF would have to want us to lose this game if we didn't play it somewhere in the midwest. I say we play Mexico in Idaho or North Dakota next time.

6. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The "disco" incident didnt happen before the Columbus game, so its not an excuse, but if you do some research, it was a true incident, and happened in LA before an exibition game, I mentioned to illustrate the state of the mexican team in the qualifyings before Japan-Korea.

Its the sign of a good team that it would play anytime, anywhere against anyone, you guys seem to be the ones rattled and worried what will happen if a few mexicans show in Columbus, maybe this tread should be renamed " A Day Without A Mexican"

Maybe the US federation should build a portable stadium in Alaska, somewhere inside the artic circle, so what if only a few eskimos and polar bears watch the game ?, at least you wont have to worry about mexicans showing up and US players weting their panties, I read in soccer america that Bruce Arena had to calm their fears because there were some hondurans in the stadium in one of the last "home" games.

This mexican team is not going to melt, but aparently the USNT may, if more than 3 thousand mexicans show up in Columbus.

7. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Starting to ride that fine line between trolling and peaceful disagreements.

So what are you saying the reason you guys lost to the US in that campaign and in the World Cup is because of...

Yep nailed it right on the head pepe. :rolleyes:

We have considered the Alaska idea. When did the US wet their panties? I don't recall this happening anytime in the last 5 years. At least we didn't have a meltdown in Panama and ended up tying 1-1 with them.

Do you have a link to this article you claim about Bruce having to calm us down? Nope of course not because it isn't true. Just another pathetic attempt by a Mexican to make us feel "down."

We'll see homie.

8. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The article was in the magazine soccer america, after the US-Honduras game. since this is your forum I'll apologize, didnt mean to troll, it started as my opinion that the US could and should face any oponent anywhere, and I could be quoted saying thus in different treads. sorry if went a different direction.

but you're right we'll see.
    Peace