US-Jamaica, the midfield

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by superdave, Oct 7, 2021.

1. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on who we are playing? Punching up or down or in our own weight class?

Reyna has not proven to me, yet, that he can connect well enough to play centrally. Hero ball in the middle gets you beat.

For now, if I am taking 6 CMs to the WC: Adams, McKennie, Musah; Acosta + Lletget & Roldan. Still consider Reyna a wide guy.

But LDLT + Busio are coming for Lletget and Roldan. Soon. I could also see moving Reyna inside as one of those 6 to free up another wide spot for, say Morris or Arriola.

Is there any chance Williamson could be back for Qatar?

2. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously would depend on the game and all the related match ups. That said, my preferred line-up is B. I’d bring in Brendan if we need a goal if Reyna isn’t clicking.

3. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    With the US, he's shown a nice ability to make a strong through ball to an attacker from the midfield. Very Djordje Mihailovic.

He hasn't really been tested yet in any other way, but there's a little bit of evidence he can bring something.

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    The most important thing is to build the familiarity with current MMA. Then just wish the younger 8 such as Busio, DLT, Clark etc can phase out old guards.