US - Iran on the Horizon?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by JayDelight729, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets
    Well isn't that special ...

2. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    I read that article earlier today and to be fair the title of the piece seems a little contrived.

However, a 1,200+ mile range for their missles is nothing to mess around with.

Targets that fall in that range: US Air Force base in Cyprus and the US Central Command in Bahrain. Non US owned/operated areas in range: Israel, Dubai (Only 100 miles), and the Saudi oil fields.

This "war of words" has escalated significantly in the past week. I got a bad feeling this story is far from over.

3. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be real smart of them, to fire missiles because they don't like what we are saying. Let em, if they fire first, that will galvanize US public support for military strikes. They will be doing the Neo-cons a big favor. For as dumb as Bush is, Iran is making him look smart by making dumb remarks like this.

4. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    Looking back before Iraq II started, can anyone remember Saddam making comments about shooting missles or anything of that nature? I surely don't remember that.

Daisrael... I definitely agree that Iran is making it even worse for themselves. But fact of the matter is I highly doubt the Iranian powers care what the US general public thinks of them.

Right now, all the talk is about Iran. But the way this is playing out, expect Syria and even more likely Israel to get involved making this a cluster**** and a big can of worms.

5. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    More evidence that Iran-Syria are in cahoots:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1189411428847&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Basically, dozens died in a military test held by Iran/Syria in July. They were trying to mount a chemical warhead on a scud missle.

Let's face it, if the US or anyone else decides to enter into conflict with Iran, they will also have to take on Syria as well.

Syria is pretty pathetic in that they have become just a puppet for Iran.

On the flipside, if Israel decides to take out Syria, I wouldn't be shocked if Iran leaves Syria out to dry.

6. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Why exactly is an "Israel/Iran rules!" thread still here, and not in the appropriate International News for "Israel/Iran rules!" subforum for morons?

7. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We bomb Iran, Iran will invade Iraq (They fought Iraq for 8 years with over a million troops, so they know the way).

This will enable the Bush/Cheney cabal of psychos to go nuclear, since the U.S. military is so overstrecthed already they will be unable to counter.

Which would be ironic - using nuclear weapons to prevent someone else from getting nuclear weapons.

How many people reading this thread actually think this is worth going to war over? Really? It's the same retarded logic Bush used before invading Iraq.

8. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    I think the logic of going to Iran is better than the logic going into Iraq.

It's highly likely that Iran is supplying "insurgents" with weapons to fight us with in Iraq.

Furthermore, Iran's leader keeps mentioning shooting missels at US interests. They are also making nuclear weapons. The evidence of that is a lot more credible than that of Iraqi weapons.

With the Iranian leader coming to the UN next week, this could escalate.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Perhaps it's an attempt to avoid the morons you mentioned.

10. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005

You can't possibly read that article and present it as "evidence"!!!!!!

This has to be the lamest claims with absolutely no proof whatsoever!

btw, I like the way JPOST has a new tab on its page called "Iranian threat"! :)

Check out the talkback and this post by someone claiming to be Iranian and his cousin being dead in this incident. His name, Nariz Abdel, is anything but Iranian. The manufactured lies keep coming!!!! ;)
    112. This is true - My Cousin was one of the dead
    Nariz Abdel - Iran (09/19/2007 00:44)

11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Rostam, are you saying there is no way that Iran and Syria could be planning to put a chemical warhead on a Scud or Shahab? And are also sure that this incident had no chance of happening? If so, why?

12. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Genius, the burden of proof is on the publisher not the reader!!! ehhhh???

13. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    I actually think this has a finite chance of going nuclear. If Iran imagines it can use surrogates to attack with chemical weapons, I think it will.

14. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US policy has been to respond to attacks from WMD's with WMD's. And if Syria/Iran were stupid enough to use a Chemical warhead against Israel, you know Israel will respond with whatever WMD's they might have and blow away both Syria and Iran.

15. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    The article quotes a story from a magazine. So, it is not an exclusive from the Jerusalem Post.

I don't know exactly where you are going with the "manufactured lies". Syria has been awfully quiet on these recent events.

And in terms of the tab Iranian threat, if one the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the region was quoted publically as wanting to blow our country off the map, I'd believe it is noteworthy news and worth its own section on a website.

Regarding the post you quoted, it also says that he feels the Iranian leader will push Iran into war.

16. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thanks for answering my question:rolleyes:

17. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Military captured an Iranian in Iraq. Get the missiles warmed up.

Story Highlights
    Coalition says it detained member of the elite Iranian unit Quds Force

Quds Force accused of equipping, training terrorists in Iraq

U.S. military: Seven suspected insurgents killed, eight detained in raids

Car dropped off by tow truck explodes near checkpoint, killing three

Next Article in World »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/09/20/iraq.main/index.html