US/Guatemala 3/30

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Looper121, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any of you bitches want to get together over a few beers for this piece? Guatemala laid the smack down today on T&T today so this could be a very pivotal game game.

2. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no, we lost to Mexico at Azteca. The sky is falling on US Soccer...why would anyone want to watch them on Wednesday night? :rolleyes:

Where are you talking about, Looper.

3. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say the sky was falling. I just think it may be a good game.
    Where? I dunno, wasn't the idea out there to go to Tir Na Nog?

4. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    It's a lot more expensive for dinner than it is for lunch, and the food is more formal. If I wasn't going to be working on a project at that very hour I'd try harder to work something out, but this is an awful week for me.

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, that comment was not directed at you, Looper. I meant it towards the general feeling around BigSoccer.

6. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eff eating, I am talking about nailing a few pints. I would probably eat before I went anyway.

7. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Unfortunately, I'll only be able to catch the first half of the game. But I'd definitely be up for meeting up somewhere.

I've never actually been to Tir Na Nog -- do they have a bar with tv's by the bar where we could watch the game, or do you have to sit down at tables and order food? If they have a bar where you can just order drinks and watch the game, I think we should meet up there, as it sounds like Tir Na Nog is accommodating to U.S. fans and I think we could make it our regular viewing place.

8. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah they have a decent bar, for viewing. It's not solid TV's in there but it' s a decent place I guess.

9. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Sounds good to me -- how about we meet up at Tir Na Nog?

10. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there right after work since I am working late. Donning the Crew Jersey.

11. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Great! I'll be there as well, in warmups (I'll have to leave after the first half because I have an indoor game that I'll be playing in).

12. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are playing indoor you bastard?! :D YOu gotta hook me up!

13. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Gladly :)

Tomorrow night I'm playing indoor on the faculty staff team in the intramural league at my alma mater. We usually get beaten pretty badly by all the student teams, but it's always fun.

The two leagues that I know of in Philly that are open to anyone are the Philly Sport and Social Club league (www.phillysportandsocialclub.com) and the Rocket Sports league (www.rocketsports.com). Both leagues play out in King of Prussia.

I'm currently playing on a team in the Sport and Social Club league -- we just had our first game last night, and the games are on Monday nights. You could email the league, and see if there are any teams that could use an extra player -- since it's still early in the season, you might be able to set something up.

I've played in the league at Rocket Sports before, and it's generally a bit more competitive (I felt like I could play competently, but at times I felt a little out of my depth). I haven't played there in awhile, and I don't know what their indoor schedule currently is.

Hope this helps! :)

14. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmmmm....Beeeeeeerrrrrr!
    OK, where's skyscraper, Cypha, DCAJEDI...Danks?

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can't make since I have to work.

I used to play at RocketSports. My friends all still do have a team in that league.

16. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Maybe. I have a presentation to work on starting at 5 and it depends what time I get it done. I will try.

17. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hartwick, I may be a little late since one of my supervisors called out today. So now I have to cover for him 'till close. I may not get there until 8:15 or so. I hate having to depend on others. Seems that you are the one that always gets screwed. :rolleyes:

18. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    That sucks. Anyway, they probably won't kick off until at least 8:05, so you shouldn't miss too much of it.

See you tonight!

19. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Thanks to all who came-- it was a fun time and there were quite a few people in the rest of the restaurant who were clearly paying attention to the game.

Although, with all respect to Looper, being there did reaffirm my desire for the City Council to pass the inside smoking ban. I walked out of there smelling... not so good. I don't want this to become a big debate on here, I'm just saying.

All in all, a great night.

20. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it was fun. And I am all-against the smoking Ban!!!! WOOOOO!!!. Just kiddin'. Not starting the debate. :D

21. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Looper and jedi, it was great to meet you in person last night! That was my first time at Tir Na Nog, and I really like the viewing setup they have there with the big screen. I think we should adopt it as the place to watch the U.S., and keep publicizing viewing parties.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun watching the game, and the fact that the U.S. played so well made it all the sweeter! :)

22. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tir Na Nog isn't too bad. Yes, we definitely should start doing it regular.