US/Germany - Recife - 6/26/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sold.

2. crw75

crw75 Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Aug 5, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We didn't get tickets for the pre-party tomorrow night. Are US fans meeting anywhere else?

3. soul

soul New Member

May 1, 2014
    if anyone has extra usa-germ tix please let me know! need up to 3 but will take what i can get! :)

4. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does anybody have room for 2 people in their car, bus, or shuttle from Natal to Recife for the Germany game?? Willing to pay our fair share of the costs. Please Pm if interested.

5. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just arrived at Castelinho hotel and indeed it is literally a $hit hole! Ceilings are cracked, I looked at the shower heads and they are extremely dirty, floors dirty, Mosquitos in rooms. Smh anybody know of a place like a hotel or some airbnb type stuff I can crash at? I am definitely not staying here tonight

6. chep3

chep3 New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For those of you who don't have tickets to the game yet, do you have a backup plan, i.e. a set bar to watch? We get in that morning and are very unlikely to be able to make it out to the stadium to scalp, but would love to watch around other Americans.

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    In Olinda, super cool town, glad we chose this. Great way to end a trip. Raining a bit though.

8. btbc

btbc Member

May 10, 2004
    I am a little confused... Where is the official US party tonight?

9. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to aoinbrazil.com:

JUNE 25: Night-Before Party, Hosted By US Soccer
    Reservation Required

6 pm - midnight

Gio Pizzeria

Rua Raimundo Nonato de Castro

1193 - Ponta Negra

Food & drink available for purchase

6.8 km to Stadium

10. ukraine76

ukraine76 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi. A long standing member of bigsoccer and a huge fan of USMNT and MLS. Desperately looking for 1 ticket for US -Germany. Please call me at +1 917 207-6187 if you have 1 or pm here.

11. david m9

david m9 New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's crazy, iknow, but just found out I need one more ticket to us v germany
    Anyone can help, please email djmeadows@aol.com

12. MadRHatter

MadRHatter Member

May 6, 2012
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any AO parties in Recife tonight!? Time to celebrate!!

nancyb repped this.
  13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Recife/Olinda: Stayed in Olinda, great great little town. Glad we chose it. Power went out in the town the night before the game, which turned everything into a street party. Then lights back on and we found a great bar with live music.

Pregame: Too hungover to make to the AO pregame by the stadium. Damn you Skol. We took a cab to the Metro station and breezed right through. Definitely flood like conditions in the cab but nothing major. Metro stops and we get on stadium shuttle. The shuttle surprisingly still dropped us off a mile from the stadium, didnt understand that at all. Tons of beer vendors along the way. With the rain we hung out for a bit and then went inside to drink in the concourse.

Stadium: Again nice new stadium, got great seats in Cat 3 behind the goal but under the overhang, so dry the whole time. Fans were again very loud and in great voice. German section on other side looked pretty darn good as well. Germany is such a great football team, they looked so tight and solid. Obviously dominated us but i loved how we took it to them in spurts, didnt look out of our element. Great celebrations afterwards knowing we had advanced. Good time.

After: the Metro station line (actually line to shuttle) was 3/4 mile long at least and not moving, and slugging through mud. That was a total cluster********. Shame on the stadium for that. And that was just for the shuttle to then get to the Metro. We (thank the good Lord) bolted and went to the BRT, bus. Thank you @azevedof for that. No line, no traffic, straight to Derby plaza, then cab to Olinda. Less than an hour from stadium to hotel. Complete game changer.

Got luggage and went to airport, saw people soaking wet with stories of chest high water they had to wade through. Crazy.

14. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Correction: thx to @Rodrigo Santos for the BRT recommendation on the way back. It was important enough to credit the right person. :)

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny we just randomly stumbled on the brt because there was no line.