US Friendly .::Nashville, TN::. 5-23-06

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by csctn, Feb 23, 2006.

1. mickmills

mickmills New Member

May 15, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    yes, probably at least a 20 min walk from downtown

2. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends where on Broadway. I'd say its like 15 blocks from 1st and Broad. 20 to 30 minute walk from the stadium at least I'd say. But a decent place to hang and close to Dan McGuiness Irish Pub. Don't think I'll be sober enough to need 2 for 1's at that point, but what the hell.

3. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Magpie, this is southern hospitality. No possible way we run out of beer. I'll have one for ya if you make it.

Look for a big banner of BA - he'll be watching over my cooler:D

4. storey13

storey13 New Member

May 23, 2006
    Nashville
    Hello to all,

I just moved to Nashville from Chicago and I don't get paid till Thursday so I can't afford tickets to the match tonight. My fiancee and I are huge US MNT fans and would love to go(plus today is her birthday!). If you know anyone who has 2 or 3 extra tickets please let me know. You can call me at 708-955-7412 or PM me. 3 tickets would be better, that way I can take my 7 year old son too.

Thanks! :)

5. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    Haven't been to Two Doors Down, but drive by it all the time. What's the vibe?

6. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a result! ugh!
    thought we looked sloppy to boot!

but still enjoyable. wife and kids had fun. got to hang with two old college buds for a bit. :cool:

7. storey13

storey13 New Member

May 23, 2006
    Nashville
    I didn't get to go. :(
    A guy emailed me that he had 2 extra tickets and my car broke down on the way home from work.
    I read in the city paper that the attendance was 26142. Amazing!

8. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll save my thoughts on the match for another thread, but I did want to acknowledge the fine efforts of hirtme and his friends. The banner. The big ass flag. The chanting. The sub sandwiches. The beer. Well done. You guys made a friend. :)

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    What a shame. :rolleyes:

10. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was my first and LAST cap! i've never been so mad at people in my entire life. people who get up and move around should be shot. i couldn't get into the flow of the game until around the 25th minute.

11. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, no matter where you go, you're going to have to put with stupid ********s. It doesn't matter if it's a soccer match or election day, half the people get it and the other half don't. Don't let others stumble you up. Hang in there.

12. negativetouch

negativetouch Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Dammit this is what I get for travelling without internet access. We came over to A to see what was going on and walked right by you guys. I even pointed out your banner to my son.

13. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL - I just posted a reply to you on the "Arena calls out Johnson" thread where I questioned if the soccer moms blocked your view cause you gave JOB a rating of 3.5. Obviously, my guess was right and you paid no attention to the game.

FYI, if you ever go for a 2nd cap, do yourself a favor and sit in the Sam's Army section. It's a standing section and people move around a little, but I think it might be what you are looking for to get into the flow.

14. nashvillemb

nashvillemb New Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Nashville, Tn
    kudos to whoever it was that thought to sing "Rock the Casbah" to the Moroccan team...that was some good stuff.

Here's to hoping we made a good enough showing to see a qualifier or two down the road.

15. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hear,Hear!

16. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that's 65 minutes faster than the team did.

17. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm not quite sure why stupid people should be the reason that you stop going to games, but that's your call to make.

18. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    1. No stadium.

2. No owner.

19. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three words for you....
    WAH, WAH and WAH!!!

What are you talking about? It's a live sporting event. People are going to move, kids are going to go crazy, dads are going to be drunk and bang their drums and sing, regardless of the section in which they are sitting (or standing). I didn't even get to my seat until Reyna was clutching his thigh, thanks to the usher who sent us all the way around the stadium to get to our seats. I am sure they have ESPN2 at many retirement communities in your area.

I had a great time in Nashville! I look forward to some WCQs there in the future. The crowd was fairly lively, mostly American, which is different for me...and good!!!

Also, thanks for the info Kenny! Sorry we missed your tailgate, we were running behind and barely had all of our beer drunk before we got into the stadium! :D The Army was in good voice. My children and I were singing along four or five sections to your left.

See you soon???? (fingers crossed)

and 11bravo, with that attitude, who needs you anyway?

20. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i enjoy actually getting to watch the game. i'm sorry i was upset that i missed half the game because people couldn't find their seats and stay there. i have no problem with people standing up and going crazy but quit moving up and down the rows(or try and have a conversation with me during a game!). FIND YOUR SEAT AND STAY THERE!!! but that's my mistake for not taping the game while i went to the game because i should have realized there were people like you who have absolutely zero navigational skills can't find their seats or don't have the discipline to stay in one spot for 45 minutes. it's not that i'm going to stop supporting US soccer, but i learned my lesson that it's better watching the game on TV with less interruptions than live at the stadium.

21. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still, I have those same three words for you.

And have fun staying at home.....

p.s. I taped the game and had just as much fun...and heartache...watching it at home. I know you didn't see much from the stadium, but after I watched the tape I felt much better about our performance, whatever that is worth.