US consortium 'in Anfield talks'

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by JMMUSA8, Dec 2, 2004.

1. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    theres no such thing as a little control ,morgan wants FULL CONTROL THE VERY NEXT DAY

Board member Terry Smith then provoked Morgan into a further statement by claiming he wished "his own wife was here to speak on his behalf" while stating the original bid "wasn't worth the £70m claimed".

"We have received four offers in total from Mr Morgan. All of them have been at different prices," he said..

"I don't want people leaving this room tonight believing we have turned down a £70m investment because that is entirely incorrect. These offers have been very different to what has been presented in public.

"The first offer valued the club at a fraction of what it is worth. All of them involved Mr Morgan taking control the next day and that hasn't come out in any press conference.

"We are bound by confidentiality so cannot go into the full details but I would ask Mr Morgan to nail the myth that £70m is coming into the club."

2. oojason

oojason New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    England
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N146992041205-2054.htm

In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, the Club confirms that it has 34,823 ordinary shares of £5 each in issue. There are no other relevant securities in issue.

Seems like L4 may be busy over the next few days...

3. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    lets hope eh, to be honest I was sceptical of them at first becos of the thai deal falling through ,but maybe something can come of it after all.

4. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    a representative of the U.S. based 'Kraft Soccer' has refused to confirm or deny that the Kraft family are about to make a formal bid to buy into Liverpool Football Club.

A snippet from an article in the Boston Globe read: '...unlike Glazer, who is attempting a hostile takeover of Manchester United, the Krafts are proceeding at a slow pace...'

A spokesman for the Kraft family said: "I can not confirm whether they are or are not interested. I am not aware of anything specifically regarding Liverpool. They consider the feasibility of any sports entertainment opportunities."

One report in America wrongly claimed that former Red Steve Nicol could be heading for a place on the Anfield board but he laughed off that suggestion. Nicol said: "That's news to me. Some of the boys will have a laugh at that. Quite honestly I'm a coach. That's my spot in life, in the dressing room, not in the boardroom."

this is from koptalk and from the boston globe.

5. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah,read that report aswell!Wow,that report says we are only worth 100 million pounds,while Man U are worth 1 billion!!!WOW!If chelski cost roman abra.100 million,i dont know why we are at the same price!!!We have achieved things they may never achive,even with all the money,but i guess thats buisness these days

6. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    chelsea were more than 40 million pound in debt when abramovich bought them in actual fact he bought them for nothing ,cos he paid off their debts, if it wasn't for them they would have gone into administration probably , liverpool are privately owned and are not on the stock market ,I would think they are worth more than 100 million ,that why they won't sell to morgan cos he keeps undervaluing the club ,wants to get it on the cheap.

7. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah,but i read that morgan wasnt going to use all the money to buy shares,but was going to use the money as transfer funds and to finance the stadium,or am i wrong??

8. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    I hear different ,as far as I know ,he wanted to buy the shares below price and the 70 million pound bid might sound a lot ,when in actual fact about 35 million would go to shareholders and the other 35 million into the club liverpool could do with 35 million extra pounds ,but are we really saying the future of our great club hangs on 35 million ??once its out of moores ownership thats it ,we don't want to regret it ,we have to make sure it goes to the right people like rick parry said "you can only sell the family silver once"

9. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    seems to me that its the L4 group who have put the bid in

the offeree is Liverpool Football Club

the offeror The L 4 Group (A consortium formed by Mike Jeffries and Stuart Ford

the L4 have put in an offer or bid ,and now we are seeing whether its acceptable or something ?who knows?

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/forms/disclosurelist.asp

10. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rick Parry made the most salient point in this debate: "You can only sell the family silver once. So you take your time."

Bear this in mind, folks. Selling shares in LFC - be they a small portion of the total or enough to take control of the club - is something that has an effect far beyond the immediate "need" for cash (parenthesis well marked).

This debate is for the next 100 years, not the next £100m.

11. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  12. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  14. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    wow,you guys have to read this!!!
    http://liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW7269041210-0917.htm

we started the year with debts of 22 million ,right?????with the 15 million we got from the first round ,our total debt should be at around 14 million!(some of the $$ has to be used to pay of the money spent on Alonso,cisse,diouf!).With the 5.5 million well get for qualy. for the next round,+ the cash well get with the T.V companies(specialy if we play Inter,Juve or Milan),we should get +10 million!!!its going to be interesting what the are going to do with the money over the summer!(lets not forget we wont get that money till may!).what you guys think,would they spend on players or would they pay of the debts????I think it will all depend on the investmenst the club are going to accept!!dont you think?

15. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    right, because we don't have any other expenses!!!!!like wages or a new stadium or anything!!! :)

Honestly, I'm not sure dumping even 5 million pounds in transfer fees in January is the best idea (let alone the 10m figure being tossed around), unless it's accompanied by a couple slashes at the wage bill (aside from Henchoz, obviously.)

16. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA