US Club Regionals

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Toxoman, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Any one attending this? We are going to be at Rockford this weekend for one of the Regionals....looking at all of the sites, attendance seems sketchy on the girls side...

2. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    This means that you have a yellow brick road to the finals. :p

3. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Ha -- I wish...there are good teams there -- we have Bangu Tsunami in our group -- and there is a team called the MI Nationals -- I know nothing about them....other bracket has the Chicago Magic and the Internationals from OH-N. So, there are good teams there -- just looking at all the regionals that have been held, it doesn't look like it is always the highest end teams in the area attending these Regionals....

4. joes

joes New Member

Apr 30, 2006
  5. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Yeah -- they beat us alright...good team -- I saw that website as well a couple of days back -- I think overall we played a better game, but they cashed in on one break a way....

6. Westmeister

Westmeister New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Any predictions? It's going to be interesting, the four west coast teams are going to have to make big adjustments to the east coast time zone and the high heat and humidity. I figure any team that makes it this far has a chance to win it all. I'm curious about CASL Spartan Eite though, they didn't play any regionals this year that I could see and yet they are in the tourney. What's up with that?

7. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005

Interesting how they do not list the Gators as an affiliated member, yet their main defender was a Gators player at the US Club Regionals....wonder how that works out??

8. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Hey Tox, hows that All Region 3v3 team coming along??

9. joes

joes New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Just another guest player. As long as her coach signs off on it.

10. Westmeister

Westmeister New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    I shoud have mentioned thet I was refering to the GU-13 bracket. Many of you east of the Mississippi would have much better knowledge as to the quality of the teams from that same area. And I would like to hear about it.
    Being from the west coast I don't get to see many east coast or midwest teams except at Surf Cup during the older ages.

I understand that many teams from the colder winter climates use Futsal in the winter to keep the skills up. My DD has played Futsal and I personally think it is a great way to keep and improve skills since the speed of the game can be quick paced.

11. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Joe -- No guest players allowed for US Club -- no biggie, they beat us ...

R2 -- going great -- got 3 games tomorrow...

As for U13 Girls -- I vote for Eclipse to take it (of course)!

12. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Hey Tox not sure if this applys but I found this on the US Club site

Can players be loaned from one US Club soccer member to another?
    Yes, for a certain competition, with the completion of a player loan form that’s available on the website.

13. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Eh, whatever -- I don't want to some off sounding like sour grapes about the Regional -- we lost. period. Did not deserve to win it the way we played...

14. Santos2

Santos2 New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    I saw a number of the u13g games this weekend. I thought Arsenal FC was the most technical, followed by PASCO, Eclipse, Diablo Valley, PDA, CASL and Notts Forrest. I have not seen the USA 17 Academy play. Level of play is pretty high in the u13g group, higher than what I've seen from the u14g teams. Again, tactically Arsenal FC has been the most impressive. They are one of the few girl's teams I've witnessed that do a good job of moving off the ball. The other teams are pretty reactive in their play.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Gonna be around for the boys next weekend? I'll be there ...

16. Santos2

Santos2 New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    I don't know yet. Not sure of this weekend's "honey do" list.

17. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Tox,

I was not implying that at all. I have seen you go way the other way when your team loses. I know it was not sour grapes. I had just read that the other day on that site for when I was talking with Spader.

Count down to the Eclipse challenge...

18. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Yeah -- I guess it is just taking too long to get past that tournament for me -- we need to get playing again in August to get some new fodder for discussion!

Too bad the Eclipse 13s went down in both of theirst games....anyone see them? How did it happen? They gave up 5 in a game?? I know their GK was hurt for the Regionals (not sure if she was back for Nationals)....

19. Santos2

Santos2 New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    I did see the eclipse vs PASCO game. PASCO was a little better technically, quicker to the ball and able to maintain a little better possesion with more scoring opps. One of the goals against elcipse was a pk from a poor ref decision. Although PASCO was the better of the two sides on this day, it would not be hard to imagine it going the other way. The teams were pretty even I thought.

BTW - I'm not affiliated with either team. Just a fan watching some soccer.

20. Westmeister

Westmeister New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    I'm willing to bet Arsenal in bracket 1 wins it, they are a pretty formidable team. They came in 2nd in CalSouth nationals behind Slammers. My dd's team (Notts) in bracket 2 didn't make it. Oh well. If we had made it we know that playing Arsenal would be a very tough game. Diablo has their work cut out for them.

21. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005

I appreciate any opinions -- sometimes random viewers are the best -- no bias on the games...so daon't sweat it Santos -- good to get the feedback!

22. Proud Mama

Proud Mama New Member

May 9, 2006
    OC
    Our boys' teams (ISC BU-14 & BU-15) are heading there Thursday morning. How's the weather? It's been unusually hot and humid hear in So Cal. Just got done playing the Pats Cup and the temp ranged between 92-105 with 80% humidity. I guess if we can play in that two games a day, the boys can handle one game a day in North Carolina. How are the fields? They look nice on the Score at the Shore website. Wish us luck! The boys are excited to come as some have never been to that part of the country. It will be a great experience for them.

23. Westmeister

Westmeister New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    My daughter has been there with her team for the tournament this weekend and said it wasn't that bad. Make sure they get plenty of rest to be prepared for the 3 hr. time zone change. The parents from our team that I talked to who went, said they thought that was the main reason our girls were starting out flat in the first two games they played.

A friend was at Pat's cup with his daughter and told me how hot it got there (112), he said the refs were breaking the game into quarters for water breaks and he and his daughter went through four 32 oz. gaterades and fourteen 16oz. bottles of water and actually ran out before they were finished!!!

Good luck in NC.

24. Proud Mama

Proud Mama New Member

May 9, 2006
    OC
    Thanks for the "3-Hr." tip. I'll pass it on to the boys and make sure they go to bed as soon as they get to the hotel. Knowing them, they'll be too excited about the tournament.

Hot is not the word out here. I've lived here for the last 25 years and I have never seen it this hot and humid for this long. It's even hot at the beach! We're at a Stage 2 power alert with blackouts rolling all over the state. It's hard on the kids playing two games a day in this. Just sitting in my chair under an umbrella wiped me out. I can't imagine how the kids feel. Thankfully, it's supposed to cool off by the end of the week.

25. Santos2

Santos2 New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Weather this past weekend was a bit cool for this time of year. High 80's and humidity was not quite as bad as usual.

Typical is mid 90s with high humidity. Afternoon thunderstorms are pretty common as well this time of year.

Fields - Bryan park is as good as it gets. Very nice fields, although some may be a bit small for the older ages. There is a very nice staduim field as well. Beeson park fields are average at best. Size of fields are appropriate for u12/13 girls but may be a bit small for u14 girls.