US Camp Roster

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Mattymags811, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Steve Goff:
    Camp starts 9/21 and will be 12 days. Part of lead-up to the match in Germany

2. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to the Boston group, Amy L continuing to get recognition can only be a good thing.
    Amy R having a different voice inside her head is also a positive. Would have liked to see Mitts and Hucles take some time off but think they deserve the call up as well.

I like some of the other selections, especially Kacie White.

Lloyd's selection continues to baffle me.

Is Lilly resting and recuperating or do we think her Nats time is done?

3. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that Lilly still has a role to play, perhaps in qualifying, with the US.

4. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't imagine that Pia needs to evaluate Lilly at this point, so she might as well see what some of the younger players have. It's a friendly, anyway.

5. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great point. Guess that means she has questions about Whitehill, Solo and Wambach? :rolleyes:

6. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see your point, too. :p On the other hand, they're younger players who have clearly established themselves as mainstays of the team. I don't think that's Kristine's role on the national team any more. I think the reasons to have Lil around are for the intangibles as much as her play (which is still at a high level as we saw in Allston this year.) She seemed to be much more effective at the start of games, so perhaps a role as a late sub would suit her? She could bring a lot of energy and smarts into a game when needed.