Alert: Uruguay Vs. Argentina pre/pbp/post match thread[R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by NYC_COSMOS, Oct 10, 2009.

1. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez on the Outs?

What's the deal with Tevez? Is he on the outs with Maradona? Is he somehow in the middle of the Bilardo v Maradona tirade? Or is it a clever ploy to save him for the Uruguay game?

Can anyone in Argentina chime in with any reports regarding Tevez?

2. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Re: Tevez on the Outs?

Yeah i read the news this morning, what's going on here?

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Vs

[​IMG]

This is what it has come down to. An away game across the river with our age old rival Uruguay. Win and we can't start thinking towards South Africa. Lose and more uncertainty. I feel much better with the attacking options we saw against Peru but the defense continues to offer no confidence and with Mascherano playing far below his abilities you can do nothing but worry about the abilities of Forlan and Suarez. How will this all play out?

As usual no trolling, spamming, personal attacks or off topic banter. Keep the emotion in check and have a good time.

4. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    any chance that Zabaleta will be fit for this one?

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Always a chance but I'm not sure yet. Honestly he or any other wide player weren't really needed against Peru. What we lacked were stoppers in the middle.

6. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada
    Considering Argentina almost lost at home to bottom feeders Peru, Im not feeling too confident for this game. Our defence is atrocious!!! The backline needs fixing to give our forwards more confidence about the players behind them.

7. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    guys i didnt see the match against peru...
    but looking at the scoreline am not satisfied.....
    but totaly how was our performance...... is there any changes required for next match..?

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Tevez on the Outs?

To what i understand they considered Agüero over him(for the bench...) and maybe they're saving him for Uruguay, though he didn't get injured he had one than another hit from his match on Monday.

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The main problem in my opinion is that that the offensive substitution worked wonders, but we didn't know what to do after we scored the goal. Not that many changes needed in my opinion. Things will be different now, i think we can snatch a draw that more likely would give us the 4th place and a direct pass to the World Cup.

Also Zabaleta is very much going back home now... However got to see if Diego decides to call Clemente Rodríguez or somebody else.

10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Zabaleta left the day after he arrived back to Manchester.

I would call Canuto, he is more solid defensively than Clemente ... but I don't see Diego calling anyone. Pareja will probably be used as right back and wouldn't be surprised to see Heinze as left back.

Veron returning ... it will be a 4-4-2 with Messi and Higuain/Aguero to counterattack, a model that suits Argentina when playing away.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To call Canuto to make him play as a right back is pointless, he's a centreback and most of the time he plays on the left even. I don't think Heinze will be the left back having called both Insúa(who in my opinion was acceptable) and Monzón.

12. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

am little confused about the position of jonas... i think he should give the same position as he playing in newcastle

13. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    This would be my team

Romero, Canuto, Demi, Pareja, Monzon, Mascherano, Messi, Bolatti, Aimar, Higuain, Di Maria

--------------Romero
    Canuto---Demi---Pareja---Monzon
    -----------Mascherano
    --Messi---------------Bolatti
    ---------------Aimar
    -------Higuain------------Di Maria

Or

-----------Romero
    Jonas---Demi---Pareja---Monzon
    ----------Mascherano
    -----Lucho--------------Di Maria
    --------------Aimar
    ---Messi-----------Higuain

Or if they really wanna go for the killer punch

-------------Romero
    Canuto---Demi---Pareja---Monzon
    ------------Mascherano
    ----Messi-----------------Di Maria
    ---------------Aimar
    -------Higuain-------Palermo

14. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

third one is really a killer........ but i dont think diego will include higuain and palermo together
    i will say jonas should play in messis position and messi should play as striker instead of palermo

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One thing is certain, if we start with Heinze and Shiva as our central defensive pairing then we are going to be in big trouble.

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I never thought I would say this, but Messi is useless for us. There's a point where you can blame the system, and then there's the point where you just have to suck it up and play football no matter what and find your own system. Being a great footballer means adapting and changing and doing it for yourself, if he can't adapt and do his great skill on the fly, he's as useless as Heinze.

It would help if that idiot Heinze would stop making all those runs removing opportunities from the midfield, instead of that Bolludo just distributing the ball from the back.

18. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    I don't think he's a great footballer. He's essentially a very gifted role player, and not the central one.

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The term "great" is bandied round like confetti in football (and other sports, so that even average players will be described as being "great". Clearly Messi is excpetional, a rare talent thay comes along once in a lifetime, if you look at what he achieved by the age of 22 then it is truly astonishing. And most people (whether they support Argentina or not) consider him to be the best player in the world. However, at Barca he plays with better players than he does for Argentina, especially in midfield, which takes me onto my next point.

But what makes Maradona, imho, the greatest football player of all time is that took an average team (which had nowhere near the talent that Aregtnina have now) in 1986 and produced the greatest individual performance evey seen at a world cup to drag them to victory. That is true greateness, it also takes mental incredible mental toughness to do that.

Now Messi might go on to do something similar, lest we forget he is only 22, but yet again it does reinforce what a force of nature Maradona was as a player.

Moving on from that, my hope, obviously, is that we beat or draw against Uruguay and then Maradona walks away from the post. That way he can say he did his best, we qualified for the w/c, and he will remain an idol and we can get a coach who knows how to do the mundane stuff, i.e. work on tactics, team shape, roles of players, pick the best players etc, that would be an ideal scenario. It was astnoshing to hear that Maradona has used 78 players in just over a year in charge.:eek:

20. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    My theory is that no matter how much Messi improves, he will always be an exceptionally gifted peripheral player and not a central one.

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is a myth. That squad had some fantastic players and was incredibly balanced. For all the talent this current crop of players contains, how much accomplishment do they have to show for it? To me the biggest difference b/w this group and the 86 team and other successful NT's is the average age of the team.

Agreed, now let's get going back on topic.:)

22. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe we can get Riquelme back...

:(

23. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i will be love to hear riquelme s callback

24. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope we get Zabalata, Insua, Demi and Heinze in defence

Oh yeah that's the right stuff

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I guess it's all subjective, but personally I am of the view that if you had put Maradona in any of the teams that made the last 8 of that world cup they would have won it. My point being that Maradona could live with and thrived on the expectation that was on him, where as I think that Messi is buckling under the same pressure, But as I said he's only 22 so there's plenty of time.

But anyway, back to the game on Wdnesday, I'm already shi**ing bricks, this is not good for my health, when Palermo scored the winner I wanted to leap round the bedroom, but I couldn't cause I didn't want to wake my missus or my 2 year old daughter, would have looked a bit odd at nearly 1 am for me to be leaping round the house. :D