Uruguay v. Ecuador - September 11, 2012 - Estadio Centenario

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, Ecuador is guaranteed not to perform at their fullest with their best players.

2. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pepe Pancho is a barcelonista and always will be. So change your name. lol

3. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really? I thought is was the 6 points ecuador lost to Venezuela? How about the non Penalty call Ecuador got away with when Hurtado committed a penalty against Suarez in the same game? MIN 3:58...No comment on that?

4. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Argentine, what do those penalties have anything to do with Benitez getting fouled in the box on Tuesday? Does watching those highlights somehow change the physical nature of the foul that occurred? I don't care about the past, maybe some people on here do, but THAT foul, the one on Tuesday was not the correct call and despite whatever Benitez did or didn't do the ref got it wrong!! THATS IT! I don't care what happened in 1964 or two months ago, and I'm not talking about past incidents, just one. Case closed.

5. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it has nothing to do with it. I'm just pointing out how people are obviously bias and only remember their side of the story. Nothing if ever forgotten in futbol. I absolutley agree it was the biggest penalty ever but guess what? Its happened before and it will happen again. Hopefully you will come out ahead but not quite. And there is no difference in what happened in 1964 or yesterday. They are both in the past.

6. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    wow it got quiet in ehre all of a sudden, Lol did Argentine futbol get banned? haha

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/30627

Even Muslera knows it was a penalty. Enough said. You can't beat that. That's how bad of a ref Amarilla is. And yes we have a right to point it out and say it as it is. If anyone sides with that poor piece of sh*t of a ref, then you're just as lame.

8. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Exactly, agreed. I'm just saying that I think its more useful to talk about this bad call, in this case. Especially since it was the day after. The ref was very far from the call, which makes the yellow card on Benitez that much more dubious. He should have made the goal, BUT he did get around the keeper and was CLEARLY fouled. At the same time, this should make Ecuador that much more focused on beating Chile. For some reason I have a bad feeling that Rueda's poor judgement is going to cost a potentially world class squad into a mediocre, miss-by-a-point-or-two team in this qualifier. Its not too difficult to imagine how well the squad would play without Saritama, Minda, etc and with extremely productive starters that everyone has already pointed out.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's what I've been saying in previous posts. That one position is the key to making a difference for the entire team.

We haven't seen even a spec of what this squads full potential is IMO, yet we're still 3rd in the Qualifier only separated from 1st place due to a goal difference. I'll leave the rest to everyones imagination.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Legs are stronger than arms, I don't get why Xuxo didn't go full force.

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Amarilla is currently under investigation for match fixing.

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Really? source? O:)

ecuaboy12 repped this.
  14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Check out some story in El Expreso. My dad mentioned it. Their is something strange with that MOFO.

15. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    To be honest, we gotta put this behind us. Chucho should have taken the shot and not tried to dribble the keeper. Plus, we shouldn't complain about penalties, when both our goals and 4 points in the bag were due to penalties called in our favor.

The real villain was the Brazilian ref Fagundes in the 2009 match against Uruguay in Quito. In the last minute of the game he could have called a handball by Uruguay in the box, but he let the play go and then called the penalty for Elizaga's foul on Cavani. Similar to Chucho, there was definitely contact and it was probably a penalty, but sometimes the ref applies judgment to say that the player could have stayed up instead of taking the dive. That's why I think Amarilla didn't call the foul against Chucho, and that's why Fagundes shouldn't have made the call against Elizaga, especially because he effectively decided the team that ended up qualifying to the WC with that one decision.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i don't like being reminded of that game. probably the worst memory I've ever had when it comes Qualifiers.