Ursuline 100 - The October edition

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by GersMan, Oct 8, 2002.

1. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Convey plays in the middle now, says I...

Bocanegra is overrated...

2. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    ah kyledane, I thought you would be happy that I moved the boy at your behest. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)

Bocanegra seems to inspire love or hatred. What's up with that?

moorland - where would you rank Victorine?

3. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am probably partially responsible for moving Chung downward - the original idea of the Ursuline 100 was to identify the players most likely to contribute to the national team within the next year or two. Having retired from the Nats, Mark Chung is hardly likely to contribute unless he tells Arena he wants to play again.

4. moorland

moorland Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Aliso Viejo CA
    #10 on the attacking mid list.

5. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    I think I put Nick Garcia higher up the list. He is really good at reading the game IMO and he showed some wheels in the Wizard games I saw this season.. Also CJ Brown played very well IMO for the Fire this year.

I really like Bocanegra, especially his athleticism and his ability to play the ball out of the back. The guy has major springs (if the ball has been punted and he's near it forget about touching the ball) and he's usually very collected. The latter being something I think our backline really lacks at times. IMO he is not overrated as some others have suggested. He's just a very talented backline player who could easily end up playing for a good club overseas someday soon. Certainly has to be one of the current frontrunners to become a fixture in the Nats backline.

Finally does anyone here think Bruce should just go to some of the younger players with obvious talent full time right now. It would be risky no doubt but consider some of these names - all who would be entering prime years when 2006 roles around. Buddle, Martino, Donovan, Beasley, Bocanegra, Howard, Twellman, Suarez. It is odd to say this but one or more of these guys is guaranteed to be left out by 06 if for no other reason than there are too many attacking options.

Twellman Buddle

Donovan

O'Brien Mastro ????

???? Bocanegra ???? Suarez

Howard

The possibilities are really nice here. How old is Klein - will he still be a reasonable option for right mid in 06? And to think there are undoubtedly one or two players who will be young phenoms by that year too.

6. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure the idea will be to try and blend in the newer talent rather than making a wholesale change. The friendlies allow him the chance to determine who will mesh and who won't.