URS MAYER = Thief?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Daniel(RO), Sep 10, 2003.

1. Daniel(RO)

Daniel(RO) New Member

Sep 10, 2003
    Is this possible in a major competition?

2. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you talking about?

3. Alex333

Alex333 New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    He is talking about the Swiss referee who apparently doesn't have money to buy an exact Swiss watch.

He first gave the Danes a highly dubious penalty. Romania still went ahead.

He then gave four minutes of injury time, but when that time was over, he didn't stop the play. The game went on and the Danes equalised in the 95th minute (the Dane played with the hand too):)

I refuse to hear talk of transparency, fair play coming from the merit-based nordics! This is all *@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#!

That's what he's talking about!

4. Oribilul Mosh

Oribilul Mosh New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Bucuresti,Romania
    Urs Mayer has stolen the dreams of 23 000 000 romanians.

Why Romania isn't wanted at the final tournaments ?

Yesterday we were two classes over Denmark, but we had the referee against us.

Shame on you , Mr. Mayer...you filthy pig !

5. Gud2002

Gud2002 New Member

May 22, 2002
    Danmark
    you fool

I agree on the pen, but about the added time: Did you see the match. The Romanians made a substitution in the added time, which gives an extra half minut of playing time. Besides that there were romanians players faking injuries etc aswell, which makes it completely legal for the ref to add a further minut.

6. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    players faking injuries- i dont believe you

revenge for 89 where their *@#*@#*@#-cking army threatened our players!

Only one thing to add: ciao ciao Ceausescu!

7. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a weird post!

8. Oribilul Mosh

Oribilul Mosh New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Bucuresti,Romania
    Mefisto , I don't understand ...what is the matter with Ceausescu ? are you crazy ?

Gud2002...what is your opinion about penalty ? I dindn't see anything wrong.

I am not upset on Danemark. I wish them good luck at Euro 2004.

I will continue to drink carlsberg beer as before. :)

9. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    Yes i am crazy- im danish does that answer your question?

1989 the last world cup qualifier- The Romanian army sabotaged the danish training including having an army helicoptor flying 15 meters over the players during their training session-

10. Oribilul Mosh

Oribilul Mosh New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Bucuresti,Romania
    Yes you are right
    Moreover mig aircrafts flying low altitude throwing bombs and a full batallion of infantry equiped with the legendary machine guns akm (russian made) where shotting repeaditly in poor danish players training quietly on the field which was also heavy minned . luckly they missed laudrup by an inch

Mefisto when you tell a joke ,tell it da capo al fine order all of us to laugh . ok my friend?

11. Alex333

Alex333 New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Nice try, Gud2002, but still pulled by the ears!

Here's what WorldSoccer has to say about the match:

In Group 2 a late and controversial equaliser by Martin Laursen earned Denmark a 2-2 draw against Romania and kept them top of Group Two.

The result also meant the Danes are guaranteed at least a place in the play-offs, although Morten Olsen's team, who had home advantage, will be confident of winning the group still.

When Jon Dahl Tomasson put them ahead from the penalty spot in the 34th minute, all seemed to be going to plan for Denmark.

The Parken stadium in Copenhagen was bouncing, and yet there were sullen faces when Adrian Mutu and Daniel Pancu put Romania 2-1 up midway through the second half.

The Danish crowd willed their players forward and they were rewarded for vocal encouragement in the last minute.

A cross from the left found its way to Laursen, eight yards out from goal, and although he looked to control the ball with his right arm, his prodded shot found the left corner of the net and saved the day.

Anyway, good luck in the finals, Denmark!

12. Alex333

Alex333 New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Nice try, Gud2002, but still pulled by the ears!

Here's what WorldSoccer has to say about the match:

In Group 2 a late and controversial equaliser by Martin Laursen earned Denmark a 2-2 draw against Romania and kept them top of Group Two.

The result also meant the Danes are guaranteed at least a place in the play-offs, although Morten Olsen's team, who had home advantage, will be confident of winning the group still.

When Jon Dahl Tomasson put them ahead from the penalty spot in the 34th minute, all seemed to be going to plan for Denmark.

The Parken stadium in Copenhagen was bouncing, and yet there were sullen faces when Adrian Mutu and Daniel Pancu put Romania 2-1 up midway through the second half.

The Danish crowd willed their players forward and they were rewarded for vocal encouragement in the last minute.

A cross from the left found its way to Laursen, eight yards out from goal, and although he looked to control the ball with his right arm, his prodded shot found the left corner of the net and saved the day.

Anyway, good luck in the finals, Denmark!

13. Gud2002

Gud2002 New Member

May 22, 2002
    Danmark
    What i meant was, that i agreed that the ref shouldnt have awarded a penalty. That was a wrong decision.

14. Oribilul Mosh

Oribilul Mosh New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Bucuresti,Romania
  15. Urs Mayer

Urs Mayer New Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Campina, Romania
    Mefisto, did your grandfather told you fairytales with communist and the Cold War? At least have the decency to admit that Romania was better than Denmark in 1989, and deserved to win this week as well... You were lucky with that @*#^ing refree... If I was Danish I would thank God we qualified and simply shut my mouth... I wish you not to pass the groups in Portugal...

16. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Haven't there been complaints about Urs Maier before? I'm thinking Holland-Belgium in Miami at Wold Cup 94. Does that ring a bell or am I full of crap?

17. Alex333

Alex333 New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    You are not full of crap! The man did it before, including in another Romania match!

18. Urs Mayer

Urs Mayer New Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Campina, Romania
    Urs Mayer did it again!!! After he "helped" Romania not to qualify at EURO 2004 and after he showed his "class" in the Champion's League semifinal Monaco - Chelsea by eliminating a player for nothing, his next victim is England. This refree must have influent friends in UEFA, otherwise I cannot explain why he still continues to refree important matches. This man is simply not doing his job, are those UEFA sqareheads blind? It isn't fair to mock millions of fans so easily. As a Romanian, I'm angry to see that a weak team as Germany was qualified, and us, who, by the way, won a freindly match with them by 5-1, didn't. After their matches in Portugal everyone could see that our victory wasn't an accident. Perhaps a richer Federation, as the English one, will be able to make Urs Mayerr pay, because after "the Romanain incident", after a lot of petitions (official and non-official) and press scandals, nothing haappened. This is the disadvantage of beeing seen as a "poor African country who still live in the trees".

19. witness

witness Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Yerba Buena, CA
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hmmm...

Translation: "My team lost. Whaaaaaaaa!! Blame the referee. It's all his fault."

20. LEPE

LEPE New Member

May 5, 2004
    ......................................................................................

Witness this!! if you didn;t see the game,if you don;t follow european football close, if you don't know that MR.Maier got 2 miilion hits on his webiside after the game, calling him a thief, a tool of ..Johannsen,to let a scandinavian team qualify over a 'unimportant' country from eastern europe!, then say,,nothing, don;t take cheap shots
    ! And most of those hits were not from romanian fans,they were also from many fair,football loving fans from many counntries!
    This is not the first time Maier did this to Romania, remeber The penalty for England In 2000,that was only in his imagination?? How could you!!

The romanian federation 'begged' Fifa not to delegate this Ref. and Kim Miltom Nielson from denmark, to Romanias games!!
    Guess what Fifa and Uefa kept doing after the request??
    Yes,you guessed , They keep putting them in Romaina's matches!! You draw the conclussion, but i don;t think you can,because you're 12 years old and learning about 'soccer' here on this board!!
    You should not get invloved in things you don;t know crap about!!

And as you read here, this jerk of a ref. is doing it to a lot of other teams!!
    I don;t know if in purpose or he is just a lousy ref.
    You should read many posts and threads before you take a cheap shot at a poor ,frustrated romanian!
    You want to see what it means to be fair and have knowledge about 'soccer'?? Read::

'Although denmark came here with the help of the ref. ,I actually liked the way they played and i wish them luck tomorrow!!
    And to that idiot that said that in 89 the danish were 'bothered' by the army and helicopters, get off the drugs! now!!
    If anyhthig, that was the year of the revolution, so denmark had bad timming for playing there!! the whole country was in chaos! And at least we got rid of that crazy dictator!! So not all bad!! lol

Listen danish fans, I like your country, one of my favourite players was ..Brian laudrup. But is not about you,its about a bad or crooked ref.!!
    And also F......g Mutu and pancu had 5 other goals in their feet, they missed from ..5 feet away! But Romania played beautifful and deserved to be in Portugal!!

I assure you that they would've done much better than most of those overrated 'powers' , with pure football,not force and defence tacticts!!

but whats done is done!

21. slipnslide

slipnslide New Member

May 23, 2004
    SecretCity,Tennessee
    Surely a supporter of Italian football cannot accuse someone of blaming the ref for your premature exit from a major tournament. How are the Byron Moreno toilets coming along?

22. Wowbagger

Wowbagger New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Denmark
    I've heard about the helicopter and other similar incidents from several sources, as well as from the players and their staff. Like you said, many eastern countries were in chaos at the time, so it could easily just be a coincident, but I don't doubt that it happened.

About the second game against Denmark: I remember the penalty, and I think it was very harsh, but not worse than what has happened in several other matches - refs aren't perfect. About the extra time, it was the right decision to add an extra 30 seconds or so, since there was a lot of time waste by the romanian players. Anyway, I don't believe any of the conspiracy theories at all - noone wants to exclude Romania.

23. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Go the referee forum on Big Soccer and you will see further discussion about Urs Meier.