Upgraded to Firefox 1.0 but extensions won't install

Discussion in 'Technology' started by skipshady, Nov 16, 2004.

1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    So I ditched FF 0.9 and did a clean install of 1.0 so I could lose any unneccessary extensions, favorites etc.

My problem now is that I found all the extensions I needed and downloaded them, but they won't install. I keep quitting and restarting Firefox but I still get the same message, "This item will install after you restart Firefox".

I restarted the computer, but no dice.

Is this a common issue? A solution will be greatly appreciated.

2. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I know that Foos had/has to rewrite his extension so that it would work in 1.0. I assume that a lot of other extensions have the same issue and that the authors just haven't done it yet.

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    See, the weird thing is, I have Firefox installed on both home and work computers, and the extensions load just fine on the home computer. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Also, I have Adblock installed, but it gets overzealous sometime and blocks images that I didn't tell it to.

4. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It *could* (wild-ass speculation here) be an issue of being able to write to the Application Data directory. When I first set up my domain at home, I had a few weird issues with the roaming profiles that caused a very similar problem with FireFox extensions. A few login/logout cycles seems to have resolved the problem. I apologize that I can't provide any better data than that. :(

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm thinking that's the culprit. At work, I login to a network server (Mac OS X Server). We'll see. It's not that big a deal as long as I can do everything at home. Thanks thugh.