upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by keeper1031, Jul 22, 2007.

1. keeper1031

keeper1031 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Cbus ohio
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi ive been a grade 8 referee since i was 13 and now that im almost 17 i realize that i can upgrade to 7 soon. the problem is on the game requirements. i know i have to have 25 centers and 75 lines, but right now i have no record of any of my games. i know that ive done more than 100 games but how can i prove this when i upgrade?

2. intechpc

intechpc Member

Sep 22, 2005
    West Bend, WI
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best thing you can do is talk to your SYRA and SRA. If they are familiar with you they likely will be willing to work with you and will understand the level of experience you have. You could also check with your assignors but given the length of time you're looking to cover that may be a fruitless effort.

BTW, if I recall isn't it 75 centers and 25 ARs?

3. jacoismyhero

jacoismyhero New Member

Mar 11, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yes, it's 75 centers and 25 ARs. The only way you can really prove it is by keeping a game log. If you have old schedules from previous seasons, do your best to make a list of all of the games you've ever done. There's not other way to really do it unless you're in with your SRA and he/she knows how many games you've done.

With that being said, keeping a game log is the most important thing you can learn to do. Soon enough into the upgrading process, you'll be dealing with numerous assignors, out of state assessors, and it's just easier if you have paperwork to prove what you're doing.

4. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Step one is calling the SRA, if by chance he knows you, then he can waive the requirement of a game log if he knows you have the game count.

5. Gary V

Gary V Member+

Feb 4, 2003
    SE Mich.
    On the registration form, you are asked to put in your game count for the past year. Can you find any of your copies for past years? If they accepted your registration, that may be proof enough of your game count for a Grade 7.