Updating passport info with FIFA Question

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by Ronaldo's Idol, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    I can't find where it was stated in another old thread, so can someone please remind me what I need to do in order to update passport info to FIFA (I got tickets in the first ticketing phase during that brief window when it reopened up, but could only provide a SSN # at the time). Thanks!

2. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Photocopy your current passport and send it, a copy of your ticket order confirmation, and a letter including your name, address, and ticket order number to:
    2006 FIFA World Cup (TM) Ticketing Center
    Key Word: 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM) - Ausweisnummer
    60583 Frankfurt am Main
    Germany

Takes a couple weeks, and they'll send you an email letting you know it's been changed. It's free, btw. My passport expired two weeks after I got the tickets, and I sent in the new information at the end of November. About halfway through December I got the word my info was changed.

3. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    I sent my new passport photocopy via mail last week to Frankfurt, and I received the confirmation email that my new passport number was updated to replace my SSN on my ticket account in 6 days. that's good German efficiency.

as a note, the customer self service section of the fifaworldcup.com site has the information for how to update your account. some things cannot be done online, however i was not charged the 10 Euros the site said it would cost to update passport numbers via mail.

4. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    Thanks guys. Rep to both of you (if I can).

5. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How (express mail, regular airmail, etc) did you send in your request? I sent mine in a plain ol' envelope with three 37c stamps and "air mail" written on it, so it's possible mine took its time to get there, especially since I sent it at the beginning of the Christmas postal rush.

6. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    i sent my passport copies for update to Frankfurt in a regular old plain envelope and the employee at the post office weighed it and but an 80 cent stamp on it. it was just regular mail. i think i mailed it on 12/29 or 12/30 (certainly after the holiday rush), and i recieved the confirmation email from Fifa on 1/4.

not a bad way to spend 80 cents if you ask me.

7. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    good info guys! it's nice to know you didn't have to pay the 10 Euros :D , cuz I'll have to change the info in one of my tickets. I'll rep as soon as I can.

8. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK! I have a problem..I finally received the passport I was waiting for but now the FIFA Customer Self-Service is down until after this sales phase is completed.....FEB 15th so I cannot get a copy of the order confirmation to send along with the photocopy of the passport....

I heard somewhere that the info had to be updated by Jan 31st....

What to do??? Thoughts??

9. GOOOOAL!!

GOOOOAL!! New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    I believe the deadline to update the application is just to make sure that the payment method is good so that on Feb 1 when they start charging to the accounts, they don't have any problems. I believe that things like addresses, passport numbers can be changed until the tickets are issued.

10. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! that's encouraging....seeing as FIFA took the $$$ right out of my checking account 5 minutes after I placed the order!!

I knew I should have printed that confirmation out!!! It was just so accessable all the time I didn't see the need...Mistake #1 of this trip, I'm sure there's more to follow:eek: