updates on Germany?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by biscuitpaws, Oct 31, 2003.

1. biscuitpaws

biscuitpaws New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    chicago
    Anyone have any updates on what the German team has been up to lately? When's DFB going to roll out the women's 1-star jerseys? How's Steffi holding up? I read in a translated article that Prinz was going to take a break from football for a while, but on FFC Frankfurt's site she is listed on the roster as playing in recent games. Apparently the national team has a game vs. Portugal in couple of weeks.

2. Woody-99

Woody-99 Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Germany
    Prinz is back playing in the Bundesliga and so are the other players who aren't injured. I remember the article you mentioned, but I think it was written even before the WC and the WUSA situation wasn't exactly known so playing in the Bundesliga and the WUSA would have meant no break at all again.
    Germany is having an Euro qualifier against Portugal on November 15th. That game was rescheduled to be able to broadcast it followed by a men's national team game
    against France
    Roster: http://www.dfb.de/dfb-team/frauenmannschaft/team/right.php
    From the last interview with Steffi Jones shortly after the WC she mentioned that she wants to be back on the field next year and would like to play at the Olympics.
    Don't know about the jerseys, but I would bet that will take some time.

3. biscuitpaws

biscuitpaws New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    chicago
    Thanks for the link to the roster...goodbye, Maren and Bettina. :( Do you know why Rottie is not playing? Did she retire, or are they just letting the reserves and younger keepers get some experience?

4. KarlMai

KarlMai Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Witzenhausen/Germany
    Club:
    FF USV Jena
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    biscuitpaws:

Silke Rottenberg is injured, that's why she isn't nominated against Portugal.

5. CS@planet.earth

CS@planet.earth New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    somewhere in germany
    I have asked the DFB for jerseys with an 4. star and they answered that they have not decided anything about new jerseys and that they will not do until next year. So i guess we will have to wait for new jerseys. But that 1-star women's jersey idea i really like.

Greetings from germany
    CS

6. tiej

tiej New Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Winston Salem, NC
    For more news on the German National Team go here:

http://www.svz.de/newsdw/DWSport/12.11.03/sich/sich.html

(Translation required!)

This should be the roster vs Portugal on Saturday..

Das Aufgebot, Tor: Nadine Angerer (Potsdam), Alexandra Schwald (Freiburg);

Abwehr: Sonja Fuss (Brauweiler-Pulheim), Stefanie Gottschlich (Wolfsburg), Sarah Günther (Hamburg), Nia Künzer, Sandra Minnert (bd. 1. FFC Frankfurt), Kerstin Stegemann;

Mittelfeld: Kerstin Garefrekes (bd. Rheine), Ariane Hingst (Potsdam), Renate Lingor (1. FFC Frankfurt), Viola Odebrecht (Potsdam), Sandra Smisek (FSV Frankfurt), Pia Wunderlich (1. FFC Frankfurt);

Angriff: Isabell Bachor, Martina Müller (bd. Neuenahr), Conny Pohlers (Potsdam), Birgit Prinz
    (1. FFC Frankfurt).

7. Woody-99

Woody-99 Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Germany