News: [UPDATED]Shocker: Goff Reporting No Torres or Adu

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Bolo, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I still think we will win, but it's just seem Blahh.

Though I am glad for Casey, with the year he's having he deserves time on the pitch.

Lets go Casey!!

2. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A note on other incompetence,

ESPN's: "Live Table" shows 1/2 of CONCACAF with no matches played.

I guess for them, qualifying started on Wednesday.

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    This isn't a shocker, please. Neither of these guys should be starting.

4. keller#1

keller#1 Red Card

Feb 16, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    highly debateable. and what has feilhaber, beasley, KLJESTAN?!?!? deserved a bench spot for?

give it up. bob is wrong

5. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    ******** you bob.

6. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007

Yea, what was I thinking. The two highest rated *field* players at Sams Army not even making the game day squad is expected.

If your going to go holier than thou, at least get it right. I didn't say them not starting was a shocker, I said neither even making the game day squad.

Not starting is the strawman you own.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The concern isn't that they're not starting.

It's that they're not even on the bench.

8. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    holy shit, i diddnt even realize they diddnt make the bench.

wow, ********ing incredible.

9. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, Kljestan's laziness on the third goal was just inexcusable, and he was a halftime sub.

Yet he's on the bench.

10. beryl420

beryl420 Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Hartford
    I guess this is the right we have as fans, and certainly we can disagree with the coach, but to insult him, deride him and belittle him...when he is putting what he believes to be the best line-up out there is pretty silly.

This is a man who spends his entire working existence contemplating these line-up decision, analyzing how best to use his player pool. I assume that everyone here does not.

He wants to win...I think we can agree on that (otherwise you are being contrarian for the sake of it). This the line-up and bench he thinks will best achieve that end (which is ultimately the only end that counts).

Armchair quarterbacking is our perrogative as fans, but some people on here take it to a new level.

"Bora sucks, Samson sucks, Arena sucks, Bradley sucks" Yawn.

If Donovan and Dempsey play as poorly as they did Wednesday, it doesn't matter who else is out there.

11. beryl420

beryl420 Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Hartford
    yeah that would be terrible....only winning 1-0 and all. Get your three points tonight and then do whatever the hell you want over the next two months to "develop" players or a style or whatever. You gotta make the dance first. :D

12. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Torres + Adu = two horned furry animals that have escaped.

I guess the message is clear form here on out: dont be short and have talent.

13. eapleitez

eapleitez Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BB makes the most questionable decisions. There goes the theory that he was saving Torres for this match. This man is not doing everything he can to play the best we've got.

14. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    Is this confirmed?

15. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Shocker: Goff Reporting No Torres or Adu

No doubt. Unless an injury is involved, and there doesnt appear to be, this officially completely indicts Bob's sub off of Torres in Costa Rica, the "he's tired out from sunday and being saved for saturday" line of argument is flushed, and it's just example 782 and 783b of our coach's epic stupidity. He seems to absolutely loathe having players in the midfield who can actually hold the ball, and pass w/accuracy and touch and vision. Instead he wants guys who get stuck in, and have all the touch of Mark Malone in his epic Steeler days.

Our coach is a freaking absurd joke, and I don't want to hear any nonsense about how all is right w/the world after we (i imagine) win tonight. When he accomplishes something in even mildly adverse conditions that will be something to talk about. Getting a result, when by rights you absolutely should is not praise worthy.

I'm sick to my stomach with this clown in charge.

16. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    yes

17. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    adu must be questioning why he ever took american citizenship. his reward for a decent performance is a spot in the stands, while that sack of shite mastro is right back in there.

18. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Shocker: Goff Reporting No Torres or Adu

It's the penultimate example of showing neither vision, nor innovation in his thinking. His response to defeat is to drop players who can actually create and maintain possession, and instead load up on hacks who know how to get stuck in, and not much else. Good ol Bob is getting conservative in response to wednesday's disaster. Freaking lovely isn't it? Doesn't he have some MLS Club he can coach to a third or fourth place and no playoff silverware instead of driving our national side off the road and into a flaming wreck in a ditch?

19. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    you know what. I resent that. I happen to be a friend of his. He's played well in his 3-4 games prior to costa rica, and there is no denying that. Yes, he sucked on Wednesday against CR....but that's just poor form by you to call a player on OUR TEAM a sack of shit.

20. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    its nothing personal, and im sure he is a decent enough guy, but he is a hack of a player that shouldnt be starting for our team.

21. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of two things must be true:

1. Bob Bradley should be fired tomorrow regardless of result.
    2. Freddy Adu is the biggest overhyped bust in the history of US Soccer. He's gone from a wunderkind to an adult who isn't a starter on either his club or his national side.

22. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    clearly you missed the 3-4 games prior to the CR game.

23. graywolfe81

graywolfe81 Member

Jul 2, 2002
    North Lake Tahoe, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I imagine Torres is. W/this clown in charge, why wouldn't you wonder if Mexico and Ghana were the right directions? It's depressing to think that the Fed has basically derailed Senior Development and Performance for 4 years, wasting Donovan and Howard's prime while he was at it. I can only hope they get a clue after the Confed Cup, or in July '10 and finally hire a coach with a g- damn resume, and actual real and genuine accomplishments to his name and motivational skills.

24. camasterton

camasterton Member

Jun 26, 2001
    North Carolina
    Thanks for calling that giffenbone! Shame on gooner!

25. Lord15

Lord15 New Member

Jun 20, 2001
    Southeast
    I agree with this. Plenty of times Mastro laid it out for the nats. Blame the coach if he's not up to it anymore.