Updated: NNJ Watch Party-US v. Ecuador on March 25th

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Sweeper, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Good morning all.

Just an update and thanks for the responses.

Have received interest from about 20-25 individuals for the North NJ watch party of US v. Ecuador on March 25th. Festivities will kickoff at 11:30 AM at the Sports Bistro on Route 10 in East Hanover. The event is open to all. We will have the main viewing room which ensures us the largest big screen in the establishment in addition to several other, smaller screens. We are ensured this space through 2:15 at which point the match should be over and March Madness begins. Please stick around and support Mike, the owner, after the US match.

http://www.ramadaeasthanover.com/Sports Bar.nxg

The guy is using this event as a gauge for other events and parties: Copa America, World Cup Qualifiers, Red Bull games and Euro 2008. I hope that if you're in the North NJ area, you'll come and check it out. It'd be nice to have an alternative to those of us who live a distance from the city.

Please PM me if you're interested in attending.

Thanks,

KD

2. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'll be there. Looking forward to a Sunday booze up.

3. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    Bump

In with a friend. Get there.

4. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to it.

5. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Hey, thanks to all who came out. At the end, I counted 27 people who came out. Was a good time and Miami Mike told me that we're always welcome.

6. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    Had a good time. About 25-30 peeps on a day when all but one or two of those people would not travel to the city for a pointless friendly.

More people live out here than you think.

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Tell that to the Nets! :D

There are a ton of people out in jersey, no doubt. Most of the team's supporters are there, and most of the club people are there too. The quesiton has always been finding a place where all of them could reliably go, and where they'd want to go. It always seemed that people were willing to go to one place but not another, and getting people from 5 counties to agree on a "central" location was problematic. And, while Jersey guys with cars can always make it into town, city guys with subways can only make it where a rail station lies.

For the NYC watch party on Sunday, there were guys from Freehold to Summit and whatever in the city, but not everyone in Jersey is going to trek across the river. I think most of us- hopefully- get that. It'll be interesting to see what options arise once Harrison is fully finished and all of the bars are built out.