Updated: Camp Nou Tickets/Travel miniguide

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by NattyBo, Aug 30, 2011.

1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    By then the metro line to the airport will be open! Goes right past the new Camp Nou station

2. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #102 NattyBo, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Woah, I had no idea! Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: So the L9 line I'm assuming from what I found on google? Cool. We could take that and then transfer to a line that gets us closer to where we are staying. I'm having trouble finding a good map including the L9 up to date, so maybe you can help us out there.

If anyone is interested I can update this guide after we get back this spring.

3. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It opens on Feb 12. I was just reading there'll be a surcharge on the airport trip on top of the regular ticket. Depending on where you'll be staying and considering you'll be with X, the Aerobus could still be more convenient than metro.
    I'll send you a msg.

NattyBo repped this.
  4. Pat Chewning

Pat Chewning Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Beaverton Oregon
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Absolutely fantastic! It was a good match (ATM v FCB on Jan 30). Goals by Messi and Suarez. Barc had to come from behind to draw, then win. The pic is me and my daughter with our Portland Timbers scarves, at the Camp Nou. Season-high 94,990 attendance.

Barca-Camp-Nou.jpg

jfcule, Viscaelbarca, ShortyMac and 3 others repped this.
  5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Long 2 week wait, here... time is going backwards, I swear...

6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    anyone know how to go about getting tickets to the Barcelona - Leicester friendly in Stockholm, August 3rd?
    i might be in the neighbourhood :)

7. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You mean the Helmond Cup final?

os_mutante repped this.
  8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The people who run the Helmond do not include friendlies. Only official matches, which I guess are league and cup games.
    Boca and I were discussing it a week or two ago: The only way the Helmond can leave Europe - or any continent - is via the Club World Cup. Can't think of any other route... although...
    It could jump from South America to North America (and vice-versa) by way of the Libertadores.
    And I think Gulf nations hold official tournaments involving clubs from North Africa and the Middle East (Asia). Not certain, though.
    Do Isreali clubs play any official matches outside UEFA? I'm guessing not.

jfcule repped this.
  9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    thanks guys, i found it.
    should be good fun even if the Helmond Cup isn't on the line.:p

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow - I just found out today that Barcelona are playing a friendly here in Qatar against Saudi champions Al-Ahli next Tuesday, May 24th? Do you guys know anything about this? Seems very clustered with the Copa del rey final on Sunday and then a game here in Doha on Tuesday, and I guess everyone will be getting with their national teams right after. No news of tickets though...

http://dohanews.co/fc-barcelona-play-friendly-qatar-month/

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't see anything about it... I wonder if it's not meant for public market consumption.

12. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They just cancelled it. Apparently there's another local match scheduled at that venue

13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Geniuses.

NattyBo and os_mutante repped this.
  14. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FWIW, not much has changed since my original post, except for maybe where to buy and pick up tickets. I was able to use my American CC to buy tix directly from the club and print at home this time.

It still helps to know someone who is a soci to get better tix, though. Didn't have that luxury this time

15. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It turns out I'll have the fortune of being in Barcelona during El Clasico in December, on the weekend of the 3rd/4th. I assume that with UCL a few days later (6th/7th December), the match will be played on the 3rd (Saturday). Regardless, I won't book a flight/accommodation until it's confirmed.

Obviously tickets for this match will be costly and/or difficult to get. What are my chances of getting a ticket via the official outlets? Unfortunately I don't know a member with a Soci number. I'm open to using an "unofficial" site like viagogo to get tickets, though that's probably my last resort...

I managed to easily get a UCL semi-final ticket at the Camp Nou via ticketmaster a few years ago less than 24 hours before the match, so I'm assuming there is some chance "big games" don't always sell out.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, Spanish clubs cannot play twice in 3 days so el clasico will have to be either Friday or Saturday. But obviously it'll be Saturday unless there is a Catalan election or something I'm not aware of (recall the manita clasico in 2010 was moved to Monday due to an election).

Since the season hasn't started yet, now would be a good time to become a club member. Your best bet may be to reach out to the Melbourne Penya.

17. Bhoys67

Bhoys67 New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    H

18. Bhoys67

Bhoys67 New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Hi I am looking for two tickets for the disabled section of the Camp Nou for the Ath Madrid game on the 21st of Sept 2016. My wife and I are travelling to Barcelona from Ireland to celebrate my 60th birthday and we where hoping to take in the game. If anyone can help we would very much appreciate it.

19. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh well.. some 6 months later, they've rescheduled.... I just got my ticket for Barcelona vs. Al Ahli (Saudi) here in Doha on December 13, two weeks from today. Totally stoked... will be my first time ever seeing Barcelona in person even though it's just a friendly. Al Ahli's manager is gross... I mean literally - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Gross

ShortyMac repped this.
  20. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello everyone

I have booked flights and a hotel for the weekend of the Valencia match on 3/19/17. The last thing I need to do is purchase tickets. Somebody on here said there might be some sort of ticket office near the placa catalunya. That is a short walk from my hotel and if that is the easiest way to get tickets I will do that. Does anyone else have any advice? Is it possible to buy tickets on the street outside the stadium? I am looking for two second tier tickets and don't care too much about price as this might be my only chance to see Messi playing in a meaningful game for Barca. Thanks!

21. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    https://tickets-fcb.fcbarcelona.com...4/step1r2?_ga=1.49483302.124715994.1488293800

22. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There is usually a mobile ticket stand in plaça Catalunya on days close to a match.
    Or you can buy at the small Barça store (FCB Botiga) in the corner of Rambla Catalunya and Ronda universitat, right across the street from plaça Catalunya.

dcpohl and NattyBo repped this.
  23. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you foresee a problem obtaining tickets? It seems there are not many left on the FCB website and they are not cheap.

24. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Right now all you can buy is this vip bullshit. I'd wait a couple of days and check the website again.
    Compare to the Celta game. Whole different availability and prices.
    As socis release their seats, more tickets become available.

dcpohl repped this.
  25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    A heads-up: tickets for the last competitive match ever at the Vicente Calderon, Barca v Deportivo Alaves, are on sale to members until 19h00 CET/13h00 EDT Thursday! They'll be a lottery if demand exceeds supply (which is something like 19,000 tickets).

I don't visit the fcbarcelona website that often but fortunately just happened to do so last night and noticed this soon-approaching deadline.