Updated: Camp Nou Tickets/Travel miniguide

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by NattyBo, Aug 30, 2011.

1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They can release up to the day of the match. I bought tickets for a clasico (5-0, bitches) that became available an hour before the match.

Valencia is an expensive match, category A+ , I think. So, you'll pay a lot irregardless. I'd buy as soon as you see two tickets close together.

I wanted to get tickets for that game for my niece who'll be in town, and I've been checking the site daily. A slow trickle of released tickets each day, less and less now that the team is in form.

ShortyMac and os_mutante repped this.
  2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a pair of tickets for a Valencia match (Messi hat trick, buckos) the day before the match. Basically just waited in the line for 30 minutes and the guy behind the counter found some in about 5 minutes. This was pre-website too.

The thing to remember is that a portion of the season ticket holders do wait until the last minute to release tickets when they resign themselves to the fact that they can't make it.

NYfan and ShortyMac repped this.
  3. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like the advice about waiting for tickets, although I'm SUCH an anxious person I could see how it bothers some people (like me).

I'm still looking for a friendly socio to help me out for this time NEXT year (totally not gonna give away your codigo personal, just want 3 really sweet seats together for the family :) ).

Also, feel it's worth pointing out that people who have Penyas in their city might find it worthwhile to join. At least, the DC Penya has someone who can help get you into the match in Barcelona if you go.

4. delpy88

delpy88 Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking about heading over for the First leg CL Semi against Bayern. Does the same ticketing advice apply?

5. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    One piece of advice I would add for ticketmaster buyers:

The ticketmaster confirmation email I got linked to a page for "recogida de entradas" that said I could print out the tickets I ordered online at various stores around the city including several FNACs (which is sort of like a Best Buy meets Barnes & Noble). I went to one near my hotel on the Avenida Diagonal (not the one in Placa Catalunya that others earlier in this thread said worked for them) and spoke to a women who said you could only get concert tickets there not sporting events tickets. So I ended up going to the Camp Nou box office (taquilla) on the day of the game and they printed it for me. Anyway, the moral of the story is that the "recogida" page might not be entirely accurate on what shops work so give yourself plenty of time and the Camp Nou box office can print out ticketmaster tickets. Also, it looks like there is some option where I could have printed them from home before I left but didn't purse that.

I would think so, but I don't know for sure.

6. StephanK

StephanK New Member

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hi all,

This is probably not the best place for this post, but I couldn't find better... sorry for that.
    I was supposed to fly with 3 friends for the game, but today it turned out we will not able to...
    To cut the losses we want to sell the tickets for face value. What is the best place to do it this late? I tried viagogo and ticketbis but it's too late...

Thanks in advance!
    Stephan

7. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which game? I am trying to find information about tickets for the Copa Del Rey final.

8. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think that was the Champions league semi's

I got a ticket for the copa del rey final but I had to go to a 3rd party website, all I am saying is good luck getting a ticket, hotel and flight that is not mega expensive

9. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well strangely we were going to be in Barcelona anyway as a stop over for a few days before going to Pamplona. When we booked in early March, where the match was going to held was still up in the air so our flight and hotel are pretty reasonable. I am looking at viagogo and while not cheap, there is nothing that is going to keep me from going. I am trying for Cat 2 FCB side.

10. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    dude I think mine is cat 3 and that was £250 odd

11. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got Cat 2 for 400 euro. That is not bad at all for a game like this and I happy to pay it.
    It is just a lot more expensive than my usual $30 per game for my second row center line I pay for my season tickets.
    I have been to American Football games where there are about 105k people so this is going to so much more exciting and fun. I can't wait!

NattyBo repped this.
  12. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Have a great trip, sounds awesome

13. emoney

emoney Member

May 10, 2008
    Bozeman, Montana
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Need help / quick question -

my family and I (wife + 3 teenage daughters :)) just got tickets to the Gamper. Game starts at 10 ... we are coming from barrio gotico area ... how shoudl we get there and how long will it take? cab or subway?

14. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take the subway, there will be tons of supporters so you should be safe and the atmosphere outside will be great to walk through.

Google Maps says it will take about 50 minutes.

15. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How was the match? And the return from the stadium? There was an issue with the metro and the late match and I heard some horror stories about having to walk back because there was no public transportation.

emoney repped this.
  16. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Planning a trip with my dad, wondering if anyone had any recommendations regarding a hotel? Thanks!

17. emoney

emoney Member

May 10, 2008
    Bozeman, Montana
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It was awesome. Stadium was rocking. We got there just as the players were being introduced. Fireworks, lights, huge cheers, everything dark and the field lines all lit up.

The game was amazing, Barca had probably five more legit chances. What really blew me away, however, was seeing what the players can do live in person. I have probably watched several hundred games on TV at home, and it does no justice to what they are doing with the ball in tight spaces. Amazing

And yes, it was a horror story. My whole family and I had to walk about 2 miles back to the Eixample dret to our hotel at two in the morning

18. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Was able to get 3 tickets for Barcelona - Valencia and Barcelona - Gijon this spring. For Valencia I had to settle for 2 tickets together and 1 the row behind and a few seats away, Barcelona - Gijon I was able to snag 3 together. Gol Sud Nike 315 and 313, respectively. Not as sweet as my tickets last time, but it's all about being there, baby :)

NYfan, ShortyMac, jfcule and 1 other person repped this.
  19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice! I went to a Barcelona - Valencia game once... ;)

I'm thinking the Mutante family unit might visit next summer. It'll prolly be during pre-season though, maybe I can catch the Gamper.

20. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So, pre-game beer near the stadium or post-game cava over at Cuines?

21. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

....both? :D

22. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. Pat Chewning

Pat Chewning Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Beaverton Oregon
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My daughter and I will go to see FCB vs ATM on Jan 30th. I have ordered tickets already. This will be the 1st match for me in person and the 1st trip to Europe....

NattyBo and ShortyMac repped this.
  24. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope you are enjoying yourself!

75 days for me, but who's counting, right? :D

jfcule and ShortyMac repped this.
  25. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And....how was it for you? Get to see a Messi goal in person it quite a treat.

jfcule and ShortyMac repped this.