Upcoming friendlies.

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Andrés_, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i just heard about this today - that would be awesome if they did a rematch again in NY/NJ - i was at the 0-0 game 2.5 years ago.

i hope they make this official pretty soon. a game in NY/NJ makes more sense b/c going further west would be too much for all the lads playing in europe....

2. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sos ingles ahora? lol just teasing.

As much as I want to see Argentina play in NY. I can't stand when they play against the USA. It's just a waste of a game for me and considering that La Seleccion plays very few games a year, it makes the time between games so much more longer.

I would rather see Argentina vs England in NY or Argentina vs Italy/Brazil, something with a little more punch and meaning.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But this time around it's kind of a tour like it was last time, remember we play Costa Rica few days after.

4. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Last time we played Mexico.

5. Acute Angelito

Acute Angelito New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm sooooo there!
    Vamos, vamos Argentina!

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha - touche - that's what happens when you go to an english pub 2-3 times a week.

argentina vs those teams in NY would be amazing. playing against the US is nothing special - but that's probably where the most money is

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Si loco, abrite de esas costumbre! lol Y te lo dice un Argentino con familia inglesa! lol lol lol I'm just busting your chops!

8. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just heard the organizer - Gama Sport - on the radio and he said both federations finally agreed on Switzerland because of the importance of their communities in the country. I can see that for Portugal, but definitely not for Argentina. Anyway, I guess the financial share they would get was probably more interesting...

Messi and Ronaldo should be present unless badly injured.

This Gama company has another game to organize for Argentina in November. Nothing decided as yet.

9. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. Acute Angelito

Mar 7, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I AM!!!

:rolleyes:

Any word on divided stadium seating?

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Which communities on which country? You see some swiss descendants in Argentina go unnoticed as swiss because they usually carry italian last names, for example, Tigre got their colours from from the flag of the swiss canton of Ticino, because the guy that provided the first shirts was born in that area.

So in short:

9/2: vs. Portugal - Geneva, Switzerland.
    26/3: vs. United States - East Rutherford, United States.
    29/3: vs. Costa Rica - San José, Costa Rica.
    11/8: vs. Romania - Bucharest, Romania.

12. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, I meant there are lot of Portuguese in Switzerland, probably many more than in England, so that's one of the reasons they chose Switzerland. I don't feel there are many Argies here, but maybe more than in England as well.

Anyway, interesting info about the Tigre colours.

13. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about Argentines in Italy Spain France ang Germany? How difficult/easy is it for people from neighboring countries to travel to Switzerland for a game/event?

14. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh sure, there will be fans from all neighbouring countries joining. At the Argentina-England game in the same stadium a few years ago, we were a good number. But Portugal fans will easily be 3 quarters of the stadium :D

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know from what I have seen(And actually heard) the Portuguese walk around with Brazilian shirts at times. So who knows, they might not have that passion that we have back home. I recall the Spain-Portugal that was played a couple months back, and that stadium looked empty, and the game was in Portugal. Can you imagine if we play a friendly and if the stadium is not packed? That would be horrible. Here is the video and look how empty it is. We travel really well as fans. If the game is a couple hundred miles away we make a strong effort to show up.

16. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, I can tell you the Portuguese will show up, and they will be passionate. Whenever there's a Portugal game and they win, it's riot on the streets. Brazil? They couldn't care less.

Of course, we'll try our best to match their noise :D

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard there're some argentines living in Salzburg, Austria which is around 500km away from Geneva, i think.

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    I got a email from a FIFA match agent about friendlies in Africa for Argentina :

1 st friendly match : 29 May 2011 at 3 PM - NIGERIA Vs ARGENTINA in Abuja ( Nigeria )

2 nd friendly match : 1 st June 2011 at 3 PM - CAMEROON Vs ARGENTINA in Cameroun ( Yaounde )

3 rd friendly match : 3 rd June 2011 at 3 PM - GABON Vs ARGENTINA in Gabon

4 th friendly match : 7 June 2011 at 3 PM- Ecuatorial Guinea Vs ARGENTINA in Guinea

Could you check this ?

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Why in the world would the team play 4 teams in 8 basically 8 days? I do not think these are correct. All 4 games in Africa? I do not see this happening. Playing Equatorial Guinea? For what? Gabon? Nigeria and Cameroon I would not mind but maybe in Europe or at home right before Copa America tuneup. Plus, these dates? CL Final is on the 28th of May. Not sure exactly when the European season ends in league play, but i am guessing quite close to these dates. I just do not see these friendlies happening.

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Got nothing about that from AFA, are you sure that's for the seniors and not the U20 or the U17? Would they play all those 4 matches or just some of them?

Regarding the teams, well Cameroon and Nigeria are well-known for us now Gabon while not very famous almost qualified to the last World Cup on Cameroon's place(it was definied on the last day), but i don't know anything about Equatorial-Guinea either. To me too the dates seem to be conflictive. Note that at some point however we potentially were playing a match against Italy on June 1st.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know, Nigeria and Cameroon are good teams but again, does not make very much sense for us to play them. I know little about Gabon, and Equatorial-Guinea I believe will be hosting(Co-Hosting the African Cup of Nations). They seem to be a wealthy nation(Oil) but again, not so sure. Right now I am listening to a BBC Podcast about their national team. It seems that they are all but buying a national team. They have players from Spain and Brazil. They are not that good right now so that is why they are not making a lot of headway or making much news. Interesting stuff, but again what is the point of us playing these teams? I mean right after the season is ending or close to it. I could see us play a game or so before Copa America but at home. Not sure who though, do not see a Concacaf team because they will be in the middle of their own tourney. So, lets just wait and see what happens.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Happy New Year, argentinos.

I got this link on my email today - you guys who live in the NY tri-state area should definitely take a look.

23. Acute Angelito

Mar 7, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Everyone got their tickets yet?

24. Nutusoccer

Nutusoccer Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Just bought mine yesterday. :D Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into the Arg fans section but I'll probably walk over sometime during the match.
    Any plans on tailgating/meeting up before the game?

25. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    just got 5 tickets for the usa-arg game. sittting in the ARG section behind the goal!

should be a cracking time to see the full squad before the copa america!!