Upcoming friendlies.

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Andrés_, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe Argentina beat them 3-1 prior to 2002 world cup... or maybe it was 2001

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, the last time we played them was a 2-1 victory in 2001 in Rome. Crespo scored the game winner.

Italy hasn't beaten us in 23 years. Sure, we only played them 3 times after that, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that they haven't beaten us since. :D It's worth noting that all 3 games were played in Italy, though.

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ah thx for reminding me, so the last 5 results would be
    0-1 lost
    1-2 lost
    1-1 draw
    1-1 win on PK
    2-1 win

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almost. Without including the 2004 Olympics, the last 5 would be:

1986 World Cup: 1-1 tie
    1987 Friendly: 1-3 loss
    1989 Friendly: 0-0 draw
    1990 World Cup: 1-1 win on PK
    2001 Friendly: 2-1 win

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope the game vs Italy will be at home, that will be great. A little prep-match before CA.

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder about these friendlies.

England cancelled the game because of scheduling problems or possibly Capello was running scared.

The Portugual game ? The AFA have with the rest of CONMEBOL will vote for the Iberian bid and maybe this is a payoff.

You say ignorantly that the English FA are corrupt ? This is laughable especially when compared to the AFA.

The real reason FIFA are in such a monstrous anger is because the corruption of their members and executive committee was exposed by serious newspapers here.

Instead of tackling the corruption people like Mr.Jack Warner are threatening the BBC by implying that if they do not pull a programme showing this the bid will go elsewhere.

Who are FIFA to dictate to free speech and investigative journalism ? They are acting like a despotic regime minus the sovereign territory.

Time and time again they have been shown to be out of date, incompetent and corrupt.
    England's bid is excellent.

That of Iberia less so regarding transport and fan participation. Russia ? That is a joke.

Millions of people outside of Moscow and St.Petersburg are living on the breadline a world away from the obscene riches of these cities held by a tiny tiny minority who thanks to their pal Yeltsin were given chunks of the Soviet Uinion infrastructure at knockdown prices.

But Putin sees fit to waste billions on new stadia partly funded by these people. He should be looking to help his own people self styled tsar that he is.

The whole bidding process is a disgrace. Everything about FIFA stinks as several books have also revealed.

7. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And guess what, Blatter will get reelected, because it seems no one in the world would like to challenge him for the post... :rolleyes:

8. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Indeed. This is the man who has dithered over technology, made some appalling and misplaced comments and refuses to tackle the issue of corruption or the fact that FIFA have left South Africa vastly out of pocket.

The same man who panders to corporations like Coca Cola and McDonalds while trying to promote football as a healthy lifestyle but sees fit to ignore the trade in children as football commodities.

He's an out of touch dinosaur who also has a shady past in the world of Swiss hockey.

NYC_COSMOS has a right to feel disagreeable about the state of the modern game. It is tarnished from top to toe in these stories and the all consuming greed of FIFA and which is manifest in the modern player.

They are even considering now making future World Cups pay per view. As if they don't make enough money as it is they would like to disenfranchise more of the world's population who cannot afford to watch.

They are less for football more for finance. Several WC's have been tainted and I still have some suspicions about the last one seeing as the head of the refereeing body was Spanish and they received several calls in their favour.

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I already seen something suspicious when David Villa pushing someone in the mouth and the ref decided to ignore it... I have nothing against Spanish player, Barca is my fav club but there are so many bad call which was too blatant...

This 2010 world cup... Tevez offside goal, England valid goal being disallowed, Luis Suarez handball, Luis Fabiano double handball... and we're speaking of football biggest event, in fact.. the biggest sport event on the planet... yet, they got incompetent ref in most matches. yet, FIFA always screaming of fairplay while they're the one that appointed the ref!

People arent blind...Italy vs S Korea in 2002, like people cant see FIFA interference there?

10. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    FIFA Fair Play ?

That has to be the biggest joke of all. FIFA do not play by the rules. They dictate to member associations like some mad autocrat.

However when their own house is in clear disorder it's all quiet on the home front.

There is a clear anti England bias within FIFA and UEFA. The slightest crowd trouble in England which is remarkably small now and they make a song and dance about it.

Meanwhile you have what you saw in Italy with the ultras racial abuse, fan murders ditto for Holland and not a word.

It should be no surprise FIFA is corrupt when you look at who constitutes it including our own glorious mafiosio Don Julio.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7i5CJq3mg"]YouTube - a volo di sepp blatter[/ame]

:D

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Possibly the one to be played in February and maybe the one against Italy at an uncertain location. The one against Uruguay(?) would be with a domestic based squad, the ones in March would be either a domestic based squad or an "Euro B" team with players from Europe that aren't called regularly(With all the argentine players in Europe that's not difficult), it's highly unlikely they'd bring the main guys for those. Regarding the matches against Brazil, the initial idea was that the one to be played in Argentina would be the one played in late December, ultimately that fell, no idea when those matches will be played.

AFA confirms the match against United States too.

Also considering that there was an Argentina-Brazil(Of all the possible matchups out there) played in Qatar...

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Completely agree Andrés. The whole process is full of oppurtunities to buy favours and is not transparent or democratic.After all a handful of men make the decision and usually not for footballing reasons.

Qatar and Spain/Portugual were recently caught colluding to offer favours to other associations yet have been reinstated.

I wonder how much money Qatar will place in several bank accounts or already has done so.

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    AFA confirms friendly against Portugal. There won't be a match played in La Plata.

So now we have:

9/2/2011: vs. Portugal - London, England.
    26/3/2011: vs. United States - Seattle, United States.
    29/3/2011: vs. Costa Rica - San Juan de Tibás, Costa Rica.
    1/6/2011: vs. Italy - ???

14. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am going to get a ticket to see Messi beat Ronaldo on 9th Feb

Hey Leon12 you going to go as well

15. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm looking to head out there. I wanted to ask the English based posters about logding near Emirates or somewhere else that would be affordable. It would be my first time in London, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

16. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    erm I am trying to think, you can get a cheap hotel in west end for myabe £50, not a great one but depends on how long you are going to stay.

All us Arg fans should meet up and take a pic and post it here after the game

17. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm would want to stay just two nights, nothing crazy but I don't want a crappy hotel either, nothing extravagant as well.

I'm down for the meet up and pic.

18. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well Leon12 might come to the game as well, I take it NYC you are a real Arg?

19. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes I am.

20. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I tell you what?, this idea just came to my mind.

I think we should all get tickets, I mean one guy gets them and we can all sit next to each other and cheer.

I can get them no probs, what you think?

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The english media is going to have so much fun with that match, because they can either take it as "Ronaldo vs. Messi" or "Ronaldo vs. Tévez" or even "Carvalho vs. Messi".

22. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    either way the English will onky be watching the best two people play

kinda like Kenshiro vs Roah, the others are only needed to make up the army :cool:

23. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've no problem with that!

24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The Ronaldo v Messi thing is dead, no one believes Ronaldo is beter than Messi, not even Ronaldo's family. It's like the pretence there is a footballing rivalry between Germany v England, which is like saying there is a rivalry between Man Utd and Stoke, with England being Stoke.;)

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Twinkle Toes Cristiano is nowhere as effective as Lio. I do not get why people will even want to argue this anymore. He is not even on the same page on his fellow countrymen and former teammate Luis Figo.