Upcoming friendlies.

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Andrés_, Aug 11, 2010.

1. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    They need to get Correa the fu(k out of there, that guy couldn't kick a ball into the gulf, my Tampa compadre...

#COYR

2. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    wow... lots of guys playing Clasicos this weekend all of a sudden entering the game.

TaTa, nice try on the initial line up tonight..

LGRod repped this.
  3. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL you could say that. I'm willing to give him more chances, though.

Biggest takeaway is our transition defense sucks tonight. Hopefully not a trend, but it kind of reminds me of the first Paraguay game in the Copa.

4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The subs get one back after their goalie screws up.

5. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Lol heard Otamendi has been atrocious so far...

6. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has been.

Messi just equalised. Wow.

7. junot

junot New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Argentina Mexico. The cotton ball menace..
    After argentina took out of the game three players that had no clue on how to score against Mexico , I wonder what took el tata martini so long to make the change....correa was very erratic on passing in the box And in the first 70 minutes all argentina shots looked As harmless as cotton balls in the air ; making it to easy for the mex gol keeper.........tata will have to improve his timing to be more effective. In the future ....
    A fair draw with neither team deserving the win............

Cheers!,,,,,,,

8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Correa played well but was shockingly wasteful, had two one on ones against Munoz that he lost. Tevez and Messi can't play together, Aguero came in and suddenly Messi looked charged up.

The defense was awful, DeMichelis has no business in the NT anymore and Otamendi is too slow. Rojo was poor too, Mas looks like a better fullback. Hopefully we never see Gago again, as soon as he came out Argentina started to play with direction. Very good performance by Lavezzi, stretched the Mexican defense almost by himself in those fifteen minutes.

Loco repped this.
  9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez couldnt tap the ball in from 6 yards since 2010 WC is over.

I turned off the streaming after they down 0-2 and it finished 2-2 lol. Kun hit double digits for national team this year. 2 more goals and he'd break Batigol and Messi record.

Messi scored a Gotze goal, too bad it was against Mexico:laugh:

10. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Its such a pity that Tevez and Messi have no chemistry with each other...

11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    My take-aways from the game

1) Aguero is now scoring and assisting for Argentina....which is a huge burden off of Messi's shoulders...hopefully Kun can continue. Messi-Aguero partnership was very nice sometimes. Aguero's passing has really shone through --- he seems to be a more complete player.
    2) Tevez was not bad tonight; ran his heart out, and showed some nice interplay.....basically had no service.
    3) Somehow, whenever Lavezzi plays, Argentina always looks better. He is not the most skillful player on the team, but he brings a certain balance to the team and a direct approach.
    4) Correa needs to work on his finishing.
    5) Roncaglia and Rojo just do not cut it on the international level, especially Roncaglia. Mexico had so much space on the left.
    6) Otamendi had a stinker, but good to have it in a friendly.
    7) Gago should not be on the NT.
    8) Banega was good in the game.
    9) The pitch was absolutely atrocious! No team should ever step on a pitch like that. I watched Brazil's game, and man, that pitch was nice. Argentina should refuse to play at Arlington until they really fix the pitch. Someone could have gotten really hurt in a meaningless friendly.
    10) It was good that Tata experimented this game. He should know that for the qualifiers, he should play Messi-Aguero-Lavezzi up top, and Banega, Mascherano, and Kranevitter in the mid; Zabaleta (if he is healthy)-Otamendi-Garay-Mas in defense. If Di Maria is match fit, then have him in place of Lavezzi, although I like Lavezzi's understanding with Kun and Messi.

Loco, jimmi_moh and Pipiolo repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The only problem with Kun is he often get injured, hopefully this trend is over from now. He was injured 4 times last year and again in middle of Copa against Uruguay.. I just wish he'll never get injured even a minor one. 10 goals in 9 matches for NT this year and still going. Not to mention he probably never play full minutes.

Correa not good enough but remember he's 22 and this was the first time he started. He already scored in previous game, Mexico always give their best against Argentina so this is not disasterous result. It's actually great since Aguero

Otamendi was great overall, that penalty, his tackle only late like by quarter second.

Tata needs to do something on the defence especially on the wing, way too easy to be beaten over and over.

13. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Na man, Tevez was not bad this game. He had no service throughout the game, because Messi was playing far too behind the whole game. Gago in the middle, and Rojo and Roncaglia provided nothing. There were times when Tevez looked up, and there was no one in the box for Argentina. Messi was far too behind, and none of the mids were making runs into the box.

14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree Tevez played well, it's a good point that the usual suspects here never mention. But it seems that he and Messi try too hard instead of letting the game flow naturally, then get frustrated easily when things don't go well. I feel Lavezzi and Aguero by having a more carefree approach actually accomplish more despite not being the same talents as El Apache.

Martino needs to find a good replacement right back for Zabaleta, perhaps Peruzzi or Ansaldi who can play as right-back. Banega played alright but I wouldn't have a midfield of him, Mascherano and Kranevitter, a more offensive player needs to be leading that line (Pastore or DiMaria). Not sure if Otamendi is good enough to be a starter either.

15. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez is overrated. He missed a VERY important header, and when we took him off the field, we scored 2.

Boca fans need to stop pumping air into his ego, Tevez is no longer his 2004 self. You shit on Messi, but Messi scored the equalizer.

16. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    tevez and gago should leave the team ASAP

Rattlehead and Asalieri repped this.
  17. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People saying Otamendi was great ignore that TWICE the moron passed the ball to Chicharito. We were lucky Chicharito tossed it over the net and not INTO it.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Come on man, are you seriously saying Tevez is better than Kun? I know you're a hater of Kun and love Tevez, but really?

Asalieri repped this.
  19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I love Messi --- for me he is the greatest player ever. However, I don't really dislike any other Argentina player. I am neither a Boca fan or a River fan. I just follow the NT. I don't care about Barcelona either --- just Messi and Argentina.

I am not saying Tevez was not bad because I am a Boca fan. The way we played in the first 70 minutes, that is all Tevez could have done.

I do believe that after Messi, Aguero is our best player --- but that is just an opinion.

20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez is a greater player than Aguero and I have no doubts will be seen as such historically.

21. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Again, Tevez missed a KEY shot. No one seems to notice that his misses and his lack of team cohesion are exactly his downfalls. I would rather have Lavezzi and Aguero on top with Messi filtering them balls, they get work done. Tevez sits on top and waits for a miracle to come his way.

Most of the people unfairly and blindly praising Tevez are Boca fans. Tevez is pure humo.

SupaMario repped this.
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

[​IMG]

Rattlehead repped this.
  23. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tatas team can't handle the team which tighten their defense and closing all gaps.
    We can score a galore if opponent is giving ton of space which is never going to happen in major tournaments

afar repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Uh he did get service and couldnt tap it from very close range in first half.

Asalieri repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #800 SupaMario, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    I have the game on DVR, I have yet to watch it but it appears to be another poor showing by Tata&The Rockettes.

The likes of Tevez,Higuain and even Pocho need to be put aside and time to bring in new players. It never seizes to amaze me how stubborn these managers get. They want to go down with the ship.

Asalieri repped this.