Up Forward!

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by aussie_ascoli, Apr 25, 2006.

1. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Who is your top 5 (in order of best in your eyes) strike force for Italy. Who you believe should be going to Germany.

Mine

1. Toni
    2. Inzaghi
    3. Lucarelli
    4. Gilardino
    5. Tavano

2. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    thats good... i would have a little differences

Toni
    Gilardino
    linzaghi
    Cassano - just because i think he is a very talented player.. but maybe drop him for DP - i really cant make my mind up on him yet...

fight for last tavano - lucarelli - del piero

if cassano was dropped itd be between lucarelli and tavano

3. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Toni
    Gilardino
    Del Piero
    Lucarelli
    Inzaghi

4. FutSavWor

FutSavWor Member

Jul 28, 2005
    NYC
    It's pretty obivious at this point who should go to Germany:

Toni
    Del Piero
    Gilardino
    Lucarelli
    Tavano

For those of you who believe Inazghi is the second coming of Christ, I would ask you to actually watch a complete match instead of the highlights, and then tell me you think Inzaghi is worthy of spot on the Azzurri roster. In reality he's incapable of dribbling past opponents, lacks a shot from more than 12 meters out, constantly drifts into offside positions, and is usually on the losing side of any foot race. His ball skills are mediocre at best and his petulant, overexaggerated facial expressions and gestures are an embaressment. I'm sure his current form will diminish, the goals will dry up, and he will once again be the same old infuriating Inzaghi. In Germany you will see world cup caliber defenders more than capable of containing his opportunistic impulses. Sadly enough, I prefer him to Vieri, who apparently will actually be chosen by Lippi. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

And on a related note, I watched Cassano with Madrid last weekend and his performance was abysmal. It almost brought tears to my eyes to see him so out of form and out of place. I know the talent is still there, but he has much work ahead of him to recover the form that made him Italy's potential answer to Kaka, Ronaldinho, and Henry. I'm afraid, based on what I saw Sunday, he couldn't possibly find such form in the short period remaining before the WC commences.

5. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

the part about inzaghi is true.. i just think hes in the right spot at the right time for some reason and you cant teach someone that .. other then that your right on point...

6. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

Toni the big bomber and Inzaghi will pick up the scarps. Thats what he does with Milan with Sheva and it works. Nothing special but effective.

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    1)Totti (I consider him to be a forward)
    2)Toni
    3)Gilardino
    4)Lucarelli
    5)Del Piero
    6)Tavano
    7)Miccoli
    8)Inzaghi
    9)Di Natale
    10)Cassano

People will probably freak when they see that I rated Miccoli and Tavano higher than INzaghi, but personally I feel that they are both more versatile players than Inzaghi, and they are both in great form this year. The fact that they are both about 6 years younger doesn`t hurt either.

If you would`ve asked me at this time last year I would`ve easily ranked Cassano in the top 3, but considering how bad his physical conditioning and his performance has been with Real, he barely manages to remain in my top 10.

8. ForzaCassano

ForzaCassano New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Toronto
    1. Toni
    2. Cassano
    3. Totti
    4. Tavano
    5. Inzaghi

cassano is key!!!

9. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member