Unreliable signs

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by La China Poblana, Oct 26, 2004.

1. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Real Madrid do not look like a side undergoing a crisis. They have had a good week, aided and abetted by Michael Owen. There are two things to stress here. The first is that you cannot easily write off a player with such an impressive goalscoring record, and the second is that you cannot easily write off a team that still possesses such an abundance of talent.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=314342&cc=5901

2. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i think this just about sums it all up really, there is no crisis, just a temporary dip in form-

and really it should have been expected:

i) there have been 3 managers in the space of a few months, all with totally different styles of management

ii) there was the controversial elections where many of the galacticos feared for their future at the club if somebody like Sanz was elected

iii) there have been several new signings, new players needing to fit in

iv) the best 11 is only just being discovered after numerous injuries

a couple of months into the season it looks a lot more positive again, zidane finally in the middle, raul back to form, owen scoring goals, defense looks solid, 9 points is easily gainable over the course of the season, we are in a healthy pos. in the champs lge group.

i say the future is still bright!

3. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
    I agree, I think the talk of crisis is only mildly exaggerated ;) We're in a healthy position all in all. 9 points with the majority of the season to play, in the Champions League our next match is the most important of the remaining three group phase matches. I think that Bayer is in for some unwanted Real revenge, we expect no less, and Roma at an empty home match? May as well hand it to us :D

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_y...Q--?slug=reu-realperez&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Perez said the side had been through worse times, especially when Zinedine Zidane joined three years ago.

"With Zidane in la Liga, Real were losing almost all their games. As I remember, we were close to the bottom of the standings," he said.

"Zidane even told us later he was on the verge of calling it quits. And then all of a sudden, his magic, his art, his class silenced everybody."